09-18-2004, 05:04 AM
which is it hardware or software. if software, can it
be transfered like 3dsmax?

thanks
phil harbath
jamination

AmbiDextrose
09-18-2004, 05:06 AM
I think it's software because you can download it and immediately start using it.

Griffon
09-18-2004, 05:38 AM
It's a software key.

Xacto
09-18-2004, 05:45 AM
...and THANK YOU for that! :thumbsup:

lightwolf
09-19-2004, 11:33 AM
Any chance of getting a hardware dongle option?
Or network licensing?

Cheers,
Mike

yog
09-19-2004, 11:56 AM
Any chance of getting a hardware dongle option?
Or network licensing?

Cheers,
Mike
It's not a software licence manager like MAX, just a serial number. So no point in a dongle.

lightwolf
09-19-2004, 12:04 PM
It's not a software licence manager like MAX, just a serial number. So no point in a dongle.
Hehe, you mean like Photoshop pre-CS?

...I guess _that_ will change soon ;)

Cheers,
Mike

PixelInfected
09-21-2004, 09:40 PM
my error sorry, i don't know how to delete this double post

PixelInfected
09-21-2004, 09:41 PM
It's a software key.oh no!!!
i hope is not a key based on hardware of computer like lan id or similar, i hate it.
i have photoshop, premiere pro, maya 6 and zbrush2 which are based on that kind of protection scheme. and i found a very bad thing, every times i put a new card like firewire, or usb2 card, i need to re request the code, be cause protection scheme generate a new id for my notebook.

(i must leave two pcmcia in notebook to avoid problem...)
i prefer if you think to dongle or simple serial for software, less pain for you, less pain for user.
piracy is not a problem, if you think to that remember that no one software is out without crack in some part of internet.

good luck boys, and long life to MODO and its brothers.

Griffon
09-21-2004, 09:47 PM
The license is NOT tied to your hardware.

PixelInfected
09-21-2004, 09:50 PM
Wow, wonderful.

i'm just half your customer, now attend to try the demo, and know more about animation and render modules.
i keep you in my brain, near our software, lw.

Dion Burgoyne
09-21-2004, 10:19 PM
As part of our Site License program, there are also server driven keys for larger number of seats

Montty_cg
09-25-2004, 09:48 AM
Wow, that is another very very strong element in favor of ditching my MAX sit in favor of Modo...:thumbsup:

Hope this philosophy will stick as these licensing policies + managers stuff on other products are a blinking nightmare. :banghead:

In my eyes they actually protect nothing, they only add burden and are a total waste of time for everyone.:rolleyes:

Worst of all I am probably right to say that the development of these software license manager + all the necessary online infrastructure to deal with them must have a hefty development/maintenance price tag which at the end of the day has to be recouped somewhere. :hmm: (wouldn't be surprised actually that these development/maintenance costs reach similar levels if not more than the estimated loss generated by Piracy)

Ooops sorry, I don't think I will need to convince anyone here :)

Congratulation to you and TQ for yet another great feature.:applause:

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 07:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.