PDA

View Full Version : Z sphere question, please help!

Blackarts
09-18-2004, 02:02 AM
question: I want to model seomthing using z-pheres...no problems there - but how can I delete a subdivision level in my adaptive skin? for example, I want to delete the #1 level, so that the existing #2 level becomes the #1 level. I get an error message sometimes that refers to this....it says to switch to the lowest subdivision level (which is useless) or to delete the sudivision history and try again. how do I do delete the subdivision history?? Please, help, this is driving me nuts.

thanks!

aurick
09-20-2004, 06:22 PM
Many questions such as this are actually already answered at ZBrushCentral. We encourage you to search there for immediate answers. :)

To answer this question, however:

Subdivision levels cannot be removed while the mesh is connected to the ZSpheres. That's because ZSpheres are an object generator. There is a lot that you can do to the preview mesh, but for advanced geometry features such as subdivision level deletion you need to actually skin the model.

Once the model has been skinned and you've selected the new tool, you will see the DelHigher and DelLower buttons in the Tool>Geometry menu. By selecting level 2 and pressing DelLower, you'll turn level 2 into the new level 1.

biffen
09-23-2004, 12:56 AM
You want to change your (I think its called) "Pre Divide" setting. This basically says what level of division is Level 1. Search for that in the help or Practical Manual.

I forget where it is, and can't check right now. But I think thats the setting you need to find. Maybe someone can confirm this?

meats
09-23-2004, 01:05 AM
Biffen -

Pre devide works in conjunction with the Insert local or connector mesh. It is used to be able to pre devide the zspheres so that they match the resolution of the geometry that is inserted into the Zspheres.

Aurick is correct..he is a wise man :)

Blackarts
09-23-2004, 03:47 AM
Thanks guys, that helps my understanding. I've been sticking with the preview adapative skinning method because you are stil able to pose the character after you are done sculpting it...to use the delete lower command you have to convert it to a mesh, right? Is there a way to pose a poly mesh in z-brush?

One more question, still related to z-spheres...

Can I have multiple objects in the scene at once, and switch between editing them...for example, I'm modelling an ogre fella, and I want to give him a helmet. Can I load up the ogre tool, then create a new zphere model in the same scene, sculpt out a helmet, place the helmet accordingly, then switch back and edit the ogres head so it fits better? I'm still not clear on how Z handles multiple 3D objects for editing.

thanks for your help guys, I bought this program the other week and havent been able to put it down, its really fun. I'll post some work soon...

-D-

aminuts
09-23-2004, 06:35 AM
check out the multimarker zscripts included with z2.

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 06:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.