PDA

View Full Version : I'm New

dave247
09-17-2004, 08:37 PM
Hey all! I just joined cgtalk because I recently started using Cinema 4D 8.1. While at maxton.com, I viewed the galleries and got totally blown away by the ability of this program. So now I am bound and determined to learn how to use it.

I have a little experience in 3d imaging except for a year of Auto-CAD and a couple years of Corel Bryce 5. I use Photoshop daily and I consider myself a capable artist. So I shouldn’t have much trouble understanding how things work, I just have to get used to working with C4D. I took a look at 3dsmax6 and it actually kinda scared me. However, I do not feel that way with C4D. I don’t know...it must be the user interface that I am comfortable with. So anyway, I will be coming here a lot trying to use the tutorials. So I hope I can learn something good!

I just bought The Cinema 4d R8 Handbook by Adam Watkins (anyone know if its any good?) off amazon.com. So I cant wait to get started learning!

dave247-

mwalter1
09-18-2004, 01:18 AM
I found the Cinema 4D The Artist's Project Sourcebook by Anne Power to be very helpful. I think the book by Adam Watkins will help me once I get the hang of the program, but for a total beginners, it was not so great.

R1PPER
09-18-2004, 01:19 PM
Hi Dave, i found adam Watkins books very useful for starting out...the XL version is really good as well...ive got both :thumbsup: i tried the Max demo but it looked really scarry and cinema is very easy to get into...have fun.

flingster
09-18-2004, 10:48 PM
hello dave welcome to cgtalk...hope you enjoy yourself on here.

(btw...this is a subforum for posting Tutorials there links and any tips you may have on using c4d...not really for intros..usually on the c4d main forum..anyway no worries.)

if you're uk based then this is a quick thread to say hello in:
http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?t=121244

if you are feeling adventurous...then this one might scare the hell out of you...
http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?t=162400

great set of people on here and very helpful...good luck.

dave247
09-20-2004, 11:21 PM
Thanks for the welcome guys.. Yeah I knew it was a tut thread.. its mainly what im interested in though.

Do our posts have to be filtered by a moderator first before it can be posted? I ask because It was like a day or 2 before my post got posted... *scratches head*

I am totally blown away by the art on this forum..

flingster
09-20-2004, 11:38 PM
New Users - 5 Post Moderation PolicyAll new registered members must undergo a 5 post moderation process. This means that all your posts must be validated by a moderator prior to it appearing on CGTalk. Once you have cleared 5 posts, you will be able to freely post on the forum. This is primarily to prevent unwanted content from malicious users from reaching the forum.

this is to prevent spammers mainly so its in everyones interest...so just stick with it.

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 07:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.