PDA

View Full Version : Help with mirroring painting

BigJay
09-17-2004, 05:43 PM
Hi all,

I just watched that flash tut on bringing my Lightwave models into zBrush. So far it has been amazing playing with this app. I remember in some of the older videos drawing on one side was mirrored on the other. I tried to find this button but have not figured out how to do it. Does anyone have any idea where I can find this info?

Thanks

TVeyes
09-17-2004, 06:33 PM
The switches you are looking for are the Symmetry switches in the Transform palette. They are only active when in Edit mode, in fact they do not appear at all when a non 3D tool is selected.

If your model is symmetrical you can duplicate the modeling on one side of the model to the other. Mask the side you want to keep and apply a Tool : Deformation : Smart ReSym with the relevant axis selected. If you do not get the desired result try applying Smart Resym on each SubDivision Level, from the lowest and up.

Smart ReSym is only available in Zbrush 2.

varma
09-18-2004, 01:54 AM
Hei Mark, long time no see! thanks for the tips on symmetri!
I just discovered that you are in here too, very pleased to
meet you again, and lovely avatar!
hope to see some smashing new renders from you soon!
Take care!
:)

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 06:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.