PDA

View Full Version : symmetry

celmar
09-17-2004, 09:40 AM
would be very efficient, in the workflow, to be able to desactive the symmetry option, with a "quick something" by the numeric pad... most of the times, for example, a head is sculpted in symmetry mode, then of course symmetry is desactived (switched off?) to achieve the sculpting, then reactived, and so on... to do that directly via the numeric pad, like pressing alt to dig the form, would be fine!...

TVeyes
09-17-2004, 09:53 AM
The sortcuts for Axis symmetry are the X, Y and Z keys.

If you want to use the numeric pad you will need to create a zscript that maps the keys to the symmetry switches in the Transform palette. Is that what you want?

celmar
09-17-2004, 10:00 AM
yes... the symmetry the most widely used is the y... I should want,when sculpting, to for example begin the volume of the neck in symmetry, then in the same brustroke leave the symmetry to enhance one side; exactly like ina brustroke you press alt, and go from add to sup, then relaxing alt, you come back to "add"... (sorry, I talk a very poor english!...)

TVeyes
09-17-2004, 10:11 AM
It is not possible to create shortcuts that have the behaviour of an ALT, CTRL or Shift key. You can only make shortcuts that function as activator/deactivators, in other words holding down Y will switch back and forth between on and off.

:)Your English is not so poor Marcel. I understood your first post but was not sure exactly what you wanted. If you want to see poor language skills then whatch me trying to speak french.

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 06:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.