PDA

View Full Version : Photo Correction

Missie
09-17-2004, 07:21 AM
Ok, guys, here is the problem. I have one of these fotos showing a smiling face but too hot in there and, as a result, there is too much grease on the forehead and the nose, shining I would say. I tried correcting these grease spots while masking the face and alternating the leves and curves adjustments. Unfortunately, none of them worked as I intended to. Shall I mask again only the problem spots or am I lacking a specific technique...?

Thanks for all your suggestions and help on the matter.

C ya :)

Missie
09-17-2004, 01:53 PM
Why is everybody so silent. Was it such a dumb ques?

:sad:

Self-Designer
09-17-2004, 02:08 PM
Hey, if you have unwanted spotted in your picture (whatever it is), i recommand you use the stomp brush and cover them with other similar parts of the picture.

Elysian
09-17-2004, 04:39 PM
Without seeing the shot, it's difficult to advice you how to approach this. The stamp tool might be one solution, but there are so many other tools/techniques that can be used depending on the actual problem that are easier or deliver better results.

Elysian
09-17-2004, 04:42 PM
Why is everybody so silent. Was it such a dumb ques?Missie, I've seen you writing black text on a dark gray background twice now.
It's of course your personal choice, but be aware that it's hard to read for lots of people ;)

Self-Designer
09-17-2004, 05:05 PM
Without seeing the shot, it's difficult to advice you how to approach this. The stamp tool might be one solution, but there are so many other tools/techniques that can be used depending on the actual problem that are easier or deliver better results. Yeh, I did think about asking for a shot, and it's really gonna help us help you :)

Why is everybody so silent. Was it such a dumb ques? Hey, I didn't see that. Anyway, I can see it's only 15 minutes from the 1st post to the 2nd one. You're lucky to get a reply in 2.5 hours! Be patient, it takes a while here till someone replies to a post.

Cheers :)

Elysian
09-17-2004, 05:16 PM
Anyway, I can see it's only 15 minutes from the 1st post to the 2nd one. You're lucky to get a reply in 2.5 hours! Be patient, it takes a while here till someone replies to a post.Actaully Missie didn't post 15 minutes after her 1st post, but 6 1/2 hours.
I do agree that one has to be patient though, because those who help others do this out of free will, nobody is paying them one single penny and they're not someone elses slave.

Self-Designer
09-17-2004, 05:24 PM
Doh! :banghead:

It's from Today, 11:21 AM to Today, 05:53 PM (I've read Today, 05:53 PM - Today, 06:08 PM)

Sorry, Missie for accusing for nothing ;)

Missie
09-17-2004, 05:47 PM
Missie, I've seen you writing black text on a dark gray background twice now.
It's of course your personal choice, but be aware that it's hard to read for lots of people ;)yeah, i just noticed, i am newbie here and was in a hurry.

sorry, guys, i know it can be even iritating...

Missie
09-17-2004, 05:57 PM
Yeh, I did think about asking for a shot, and it's really gonna help us help you :)I will try to show the pic on monday.

Velk
09-17-2004, 07:19 PM
I would also be interested in seeing this image so that I can give some feedback. It might be possible to accomplish what you want in several ways different than you have already laid out.

Missie
09-20-2004, 06:30 AM
here is a pic having this kind of problem I am trying to resolve. Any suggestions on how to remove those greasy /luminant/ spots from the face and make it look good are welcome ...

http://www.vocaconsult.com/myFiles/face.jpg

Self-Designer
09-20-2004, 08:28 AM
Is this the original resolution? Because if so, it will be harder to you to fix. You don't have a lot of spots to copy from (by the stomp tool, like i thought before). Anyway, if you do work with mask, you should have blurred edges, using the gaussian blur filter in the mask mode or the feather tool (in the select menu) in the regular mode.

Missie
09-20-2004, 08:59 AM
thnx, I'll try that.

Velk
09-20-2004, 01:01 PM
Hey Missie,
I grabbed the pic and tried a couple of things and the best result was with the Patch tool. It kept most of the highlights but got rid of the greasy look. Hope you don't mind that I'm posting it up here to show you how it turned out.

BTW this is a quick and dirty job that is a little rough, if you spent more time you could get much better results.

2 minutes | Patch Tool

Self-Designer
09-20-2004, 01:26 PM
Good job, man. I have to internalize the new tools of photoshop, since version 6...

Velk
09-20-2004, 01:35 PM
Good job, man. I have to internalize the new tools of photoshop, since version 6...
Thanks Artist 3D, the Patch Tool and the Healing Brush are my favorite tools right now. I don't have CS yet but there are so very cool tools there that I can't wait to get my hands on (i.e. Match Color).

Missie
09-22-2004, 07:48 AM
Velk, thanks a lot. It looks really good and natural in the same time.

Missie
09-24-2004, 09:59 AM
Hi again.

I wanted to share with you a skin fixing technique that I found. The results were really good. Only four layers, 2 of them were selective color and levels adjustments.

Here is the link:

face retouch (http://www.idigitalemotion.com/tutorials/guest/face/face.html)

Self-Designer
09-24-2004, 11:55 AM
Thanks for the tutorial, though i've seen some similiar articles before.
There's only one problem with such proccess. Maybe i'm different from others, but i do like to see the real texture of the skin, i don't like when they remove the poriferouss (took it from the dictionary, i hope it works well here). I mean, it's not like "oh my god! what did they do??". There's a beauty in it, still there's much more beauty in the small details of the skin. Much more reliable and less cheaper i think.

Missie
09-24-2004, 01:34 PM
Thanks for the tutorial, though i've seen some similiar articles before.
There's only one problem with such proccess. Maybe i'm different from others, but i do like to see the real texture of the skin, i don't like when they remove the poriferouss (took it from the dictionary, i hope it works well here). I mean, it's not like "oh my god! what did they do??". There's a beauty in it, still there's much more beauty in the small details of the skin. Much more reliable and less cheaper i think.Yes, you are right. However, the advantage of this technique is that it is easy to master, fast to reproduce and also it can be a good base for making further skin retouching.

As far as I know, large close-ups of face (like billboards) showing the skin poriferous are done by painting the pores after a thorough skin retouching. Or I may be wrong, it's only what I have been told.

Velk
09-24-2004, 01:46 PM
Pretty interesting, however I would say that the eyes need to be brought back to their orriginal color because they seem to be lacking in some depth now.

Self-Designer
09-24-2004, 02:21 PM
...As far as I know, large close-ups of face (like billboards) showing the skin poriferous are done by painting the pores after a thorough skin retouching. Or I may be wrong, it's only what I have been told. It's the 1st time i hear something like that. I know that I can get a poriferous-focused photo with a regular cammera, or a good digital one, just have to be really in focus and zoomed in (or high resolution photo). I think that even with my 2 mega pixel coolpix i can achieve that. Anyway, painting poriferous on someone's face just sounds funny :)

Missie
09-24-2004, 07:18 PM
Funny or not, the only way to be sure is to ask a person who has done such work before. Otherwise, arguing is a waste of time.

As for the 2 MP digital camera - I strongly doubt that the result will be something more than pores.

Cheers.

Self-Designer
09-25-2004, 08:48 AM
OK, english is not my mother-tongue. Are there any differences between poriferous and pores? I'm not a skin proffesional as well :)

Elysian
09-25-2004, 02:02 PM
Funny or not, the only way to be sure is to ask a person who has done such work before. Otherwise, arguing is a waste of time.Why is Artist 3D not allowed to disagree with you? First you write "Or I may be wrong, it's only what I have been told." and now can you never be wrong because "arguing is a waste of time".
Sorry Missie, but you don't make sense.

Missie
09-25-2004, 05:09 PM
My idea was that we cannot resolve the issue of large billboards retouching technique. That's all. Also, I my tone was intended to be friendly.

CG Talk is a place where everybody has the right to agree or disagree.So did I :)

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 06:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.