PDA

View Full Version : Maya Character Animation

olioli
09-17-2004, 08:14 AM
Hello all,
I just installed Maya 5 and have begun to poke around a bit. I have a question regarding character animation.

I got a hold of a fully rigged model from www.rigging101.com and was wondering if you could animate him by just selecting the limb you want to move and pose it, instead of animating code style. For example, I've been playing with Animation Master for a while now, and the way that program animates is just by clicking on a certain bone and posing it where you want and then go to the next keyframe, etc. Can you do that in Maya.

Reason I ask is cause I've been trying to pose the guy, but I can't figure it out...I've tried clicking on the bones, but they don't move. Any info would be great.
Thanks.

captainboom
09-17-2004, 01:51 PM
Did you read this, http://www.vfs.com/~m07goosh/rigging101/free/rigs/pm.pdfAnd make sure you can see your nurbs curves.............

LATER CAPTAINBOOM

olioli
09-17-2004, 05:48 PM
thanks, I turned on the nurbs curves and it seems to be working :applause:

I didn't realize I had to do that.

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 06:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.