PDA

View Full Version : XSI and interior arch vis

percydaman
09-17-2004, 01:51 AM
Ive been wanting to drop 3dsmax for so long now, but an attached to my favorite renderer, vray. Ive seen some nice images using mentalray but not alot of NICE architecture interior visualization images. Is mental ray in conjuntion with XSI really capable of this? I know its possible, but im speaking with regards to quality/speed. Not expecting anything as fast as vray until vray.exe is matured, but the lack of great quality interiors with regards to lighting and such makes me question if its really doable. thanks
:)

combatmantra
09-17-2004, 08:44 AM
Hi, take a look at this link, http://www.mentalimages.com/4_1_motion_pictures/index.html look the ones from panic room, the cell and fight club.

Cheers.

KurtLawson
09-17-2004, 05:34 PM
i my self just came from MAX. i can tell you in no uncertain terms the render tree material editor is light years ahead of max's. dont get me Wrong it's a different workflow but technical ability with what comes with foundation is amazing. and the integration into the mental ray engine is awsome. once you start working using render regions you wont go back.

if you are used to a max style one buttons GI render with very few attributes. mental ray is not like that. although technically it has less attributes than vray to adjust. you need to get a basic understanding of whats going on under the hood to get consistant good results. "which it can deliver"

have fun

kurt

percydaman
09-18-2004, 04:28 AM
cool, thanks for the replies

:)

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 07:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.