PDA

View Full Version : PAChallenge - vehicle - Black Mariah

Black Mariah
02-04-2002, 10:16 PM
Since I'm damn slow, this is a few hours work for me. Nothing major, just trying to get the look right.
http://blackmariah.visations.com/wip/pavehicle_01.jpg
Details to come soon. Damn, working for a MONTH on one thing.

Wondering how the hell you people work so fast,
-black-

-edit-
Yes, I know it's not six-wheeled, but I didn't see that. :| Don't worry, I've got it all figured out now.
-/edit-

Black Mariah
02-05-2002, 05:23 AM
Ooooookay. I think I'm the only person on this forum that CAN'T get a reply. Something to keep in mind when looking at this is that I always do my concept stuff in 3ds max. This is the equivalent of someone posting a concept image. Also, *BUMP* or something.

Would put something about how the twits around here never reply to his stuff, but has only posted here this one time,
-black-
;)

SEL
02-05-2002, 05:46 AM
Well, I just jumped onto your post, and as your first reply, just like to say good start, but my question is where are you getting at, I thought the whole Idea of these challenges are to challenge yourself to get better. Instead of doing something simple or something you may have already done, I suggest elaborating on it, even if it looks like crap, at least you are giving it a shot, replys from me and others are here to help in my opinion, mabye with a sketch and go on from there. I hope this helps as I too will eventually do something for this challenge, just havent had the time, and im still getting use to this cg channel forum thing, :P. I cant even change my user name, how corny is Shaun, :), anyhow, keep up the good work and hope I helped you anyway possible.

Hmura
02-05-2002, 06:46 AM
hi BlackM,
Nice to see you here, I saw some of your works on the maxforums. :)
Nice start, would be interesting to see a six wheel bike :D, maybe you can make it spider looking, all terrain vehicle, just an idea, with harpoon like weapons and such,
anyways, i look forward to the updates

>>H<<

Black Mariah
02-05-2002, 07:25 AM
Don't worry, I'll be challenging myself. Like I said, this is just a start. I didn't see the six-wheeled thing until it was too late, but I've got an idea for something even better to go along with it. This vehicle here doesn't have ANY KIND of power (until I think of something small enough to fit under the frame, anyway. ;)), but the vehicle that launches it will have six wheels. >:D I just tossed this up here to see what kind of reaction I could get.

Off to add more crap,
-black-

Mimus
02-05-2002, 09:02 PM
Looks like a good start. I'm really interested in seeing what you've got planned for the other part :)

Mike

Naz
02-05-2002, 09:27 PM
I think the problem with an early post, or early stage in the process of a model is, that the idea is clear to the maker but the viewer doesnt really know where you are getting at (as in this case).
Unlesse, as Mimus said, show more what you've planned for the other parts. This can be in rough undetailed shapes on which you work later but it gives others (and maybe also yourself) a better feeling and understanding of the model =)

Black Mariah
02-07-2002, 03:05 PM
Here's a quick update of the bike.
http://blackmariah.visations.com/wip/pavehicle_03.jpg

Naz: Yeah, that's true. From now on, whenever I post something early I'll make it clear that it's mostly for concept purposes. As you can tell, I've got a long way to go with the bike. The major components are done. I've got to relocate the footpegs, add a few cotter pins so the shocks don't fly off, a strap to hold the tank on... it goes on. Also, I've got to come up with some kind of "friction engine" for it. You know those little toys that you push forward quickly and they keep rolling because they have that weird "friction engine" thing? It's one of those. The launcher has these big rollers that you put the back tires on, fire up the steam engine and get the rollers going, then shut them off really quick. The reason for such low handlebars is to keep the center of gravity forward so it doesn't fly back during launch. ;) I don't have a pic of the launcher since I *JUST* started building it up. Again, excuse how slow I work, I don't get much time to mess with it each day, if any. :/

Naz
02-08-2002, 01:18 AM
when I read your explanation I thought I knew how the person sits on the bike and felt the funny desire to draw it :)
rereading it again.. I think I didn't get it quite right.
hopefully you dont mind, but attached is drawing of how a driver could ride the bike.

http://art.q3f.net/naz/pavehicle_04.jpg

but that was just my interpretation =)
looking forward how the friction engine looks like. keep it up!

Black Mariah
02-08-2002, 05:20 AM
I don't mind at all. :D Actually, the way I've got them sitting on it is with their feet on those tiny-ass pegs on the side, which have since been relocated. Since this is pretty much just for fast attacks (unfortunately, these post-apocalypse idiots are still at war) you're not supposed to really SIT. Think of it more along the lines of how a jockey rides a horse. But I might add some feet support back there just because. ;) Also, I like the little spoiler, but it's kind of out of place. I think I'll got with a fairing instead. ;) I'm waiting to see what a friction engine looks like too! I have no idea! Now if you'll excuse me...

Off to BS his way through building a friction engine,
-black-

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 01:39 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.