PDA

View Full Version : Mouse and Trackball together ?

Molthus
09-16-2004, 05:18 PM
Hello,
I would like to know if it is possible to use a trackball with a mouse and differentiate the two planes of action.
For instance in a 3d application such as Maya, 3DS max or Zbrush, would it be possible to rotate (around) the 3d object you're working on with a trackball in your left hand and move your cursor on the screen with a mouse in the right hand ?

lots
09-16-2004, 06:03 PM
Generally with two mice plugged into your computer, Windows will have both mice move the same cursor. Though, who knows maybe there's a prog out there that'll get that to work in Maya/Max/LW/XSI

Molthus
09-16-2004, 10:01 PM
Yes, two "ball" devices would probably work independently in a 3d app only with an appropriate plugin.

Here, they show with their "Motion Controller" the effect i would like to obtain with a simple trackball.

http://www.3dconnexion.com/softimage.htm

Anyone knows of a similar plugin to the one of 3dconnexion for XSI, 3ds max, maya or zbrush ?

TheIvIaxx
09-17-2004, 12:52 AM
i tried one of these devices at siggraph. the one i used was a ball, not a "sliding disc" it was a bit stiff so it made the viewport navigation difficult. Also, they are really expensive, around $500 US i think.

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 06:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.