PDA

View Full Version : Belly deform physique issue

anhedonite
08-09-2002, 08:57 PM
Hello everyone. I am having mucho difficulty getting the bellies of these two character to deform correctly when I am physiquing them in Max. Does anyone know a good way of going about tackeling this beast of an issue for me? For some reason, the skin in max 4 does an AWESOME job of deforming the bellies, but the rest of the joints come out looking like garbage, and I have to weight it all by hand. Due to the large poly count of the one character, I would prefer to use envelopes..but skin doesn't want to comply. The envelopes bite for skin, so I would prefer to use physique...any suggestions?? Possibly a tutorial on physiquing a more complicated character than a stick figure...or maybe something like that for skin to show me what I am doing wrong!

here are the characters
THanks

http://www.redeye-studio.com/images/gallery/3d/help/belly%20issue.jpg

Grey
08-09-2002, 10:09 PM
A fat belly tends to bulch out and not bend, so you're normally going to want to bend the torso above and below the belly and then only to a limited extent.

However, this doesn't translate to the back directly, making it a bigger problem.

A solution would be to have overlapping areas on the belly connected to the virtual spine.

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 02:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.