PDA

View Full Version : xsi gui colors

Splin
09-15-2004, 05:18 PM
Hey there.
I tried to make a search but with no success.
Is there a way to change xsi gui colors? I am used to very dark Shake style schemes and that xsi default one is way too bright, burden for the eyes :(
Maya nicely adapts with Windows theme plus under linux it has separate config file to tune all the gui colors.
How about xsi?
Thx

wurp
09-15-2004, 05:59 PM
No.

deal with it

Sil3
09-15-2004, 06:11 PM
Sun glasses might help :scream:

ok ok not funny... :blush:

Splin
09-15-2004, 06:24 PM
Ok, thx.
Hopefully they will change it in the next release :)

Jesse-Irvin
09-15-2004, 07:07 PM
Ok, thx.
Hopefully they will change it in the next release :)

uh huh :rolleyes:

sorry... It's been like this for a LONG long time... doubt it's gonna change... plus i think you're the first i've seen complain about the brightness of the GUI....

greydef
09-15-2004, 09:46 PM
Seems strange - seems like something should be easy to do...

I can understand that some people prefer different colours. I find that gui colours can effect your mood a little as you work, but not sufficiently enough for me to be bothered to change any apps' default colour scheme.

gs1creative
09-16-2004, 07:53 AM
You could change the backgroud and viewport colors by clicking on the little camera icon and then Scene Colors.

Gary

fatwalker
09-16-2004, 11:39 AM
XSI has killing interface and colors - everithing is made perfect and ergonomic :thumbsup:

wurp
09-16-2004, 11:43 AM
Not strange at all, most of the stuff in XSI are made out of actual images so to change the color of those would be rather hard. Even if you DID have access to the "theme" in XSI would it really be worth spending weeks colorcorrecting 1000000 icons and images? Just learn to deal with it, its a great GUI and it worked for tons of people, it can work for you too.

If you REALLY cant stand the colors maybe you can hack the executable and access the icons that way :D

Seems strange - seems like something should be easy to do...

I can understand that some people prefer different colours. I find that gui colours can effect your mood a little as you work, but not sufficiently enough for me to be bothered to change any apps' default colour scheme.

zen jehad
09-16-2004, 12:01 PM
You could use Reshack to dig into the .exe and change all the bitmaps, but... it'd be an absolute nightmare to do, and not sure how ethical it would be.

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 07:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.