PDA

View Full Version : Environment: 3D Angel Restaurant

JonM
09-15-2004, 03:50 PM
http://jonmdesign.net/images/wip/angelbeta1.jpg

3DSMax 5 + finalrender

I am not ready to call this done yet, and I want to hear your opinions on it , and see what else I should change before I finalize it.

I'll get a wireframe up soon...

do your worst guys :)

daspetey
09-15-2004, 04:41 PM
i think this image is great!

whats your trick for getting realistic natural-looking outdoor lighting?
the textures are really nice too. whats your purpose for this? photo-realistic, semi-realistic?
-pete

gordon7up
09-17-2004, 09:40 AM
I think it looks really good but a few areas that would improve further:

The steps to the left look perfect, maybe add some chips, missing concrete to give a better worn out feel.

The ground looks strange with no shadow from any surrounding buildings or the building itself, the lighting is also very uniform i.e. looking from one end of the scene to another the light is uniform, not very natural looking (maybe its my dodgy eyesight though! :))

hope this helps,

Gordon

manton
09-17-2004, 05:30 PM
Looks like there's some stretching in the brick texture on the curved part of the building. Overall it is looking very good.

catbert
09-17-2004, 06:04 PM
it looks kind of... smooth - the eye cant really focus on anything. also, a lack of shadows gives a light, floaty feeling, as if it's got no mass. i would make the wires and camer's shadow on the building more defined and perhaps blacker, and from a diffrent direction maybe, and also add an object to case a shadow on the floor and building - an electric pole, maybe?
and oh yeah, the steps are wayyy too perfect - chip some sense into them.

otherwise, great piece! :scream: :thumbsup:

Animate_Me
09-18-2004, 04:28 AM
It might be just me, but it almost seems like your lighting in some areas, such as closer to the top of the restaurant, suggests a completely cloudy sky, yet the photograph used for the sky is only partly cloudy. Also, the ground is way too clean and bright. It looks as though it has never been walked on.

Other than that, it looks very real. I'm impressed:thumbsup:

madart
09-18-2004, 02:06 PM
Great image! I agree with the others on the street/stones being to light in colour or too clean. And about the steps needing some "chipping". Different shadows, coming from another direction, shadows from the rest of the environment, which I suppose is there. I'd like som darkness where the walls meet the ground.

The textures on the metallic "blinds" are the same and in the same position on all the blinds. I suggest you either change some of the textures or off-set them. There's a darkish line in the brick texture going around the corner of the building, it makes the plants look like they are placed on exactly the same line around the house. Maybe the plants are exactly on the same line, maybe you could place them a little bit more randomly.

Great work though!

JonM
09-22-2004, 05:35 PM
Thanks for the feedback guys! :)

my webhosting ran out, so the image or my site does not work, I gotta renew it... should be back up soon

btw, if anyone runs webhosting let me know... I need a new webhost :)

JonM
09-23-2004, 01:32 PM
heh... had to re-sign up with that webhosting if i wanted to keep my domain name... now im broke.

Anyways... I am going to re-do all the lights and hopefully that will make it better. But I cant seem to figure out how to fix that sidewalk texture. Maybe I would just be better off creating each block?

Deathcricket
09-24-2004, 10:12 PM
Gaw... Pretty flawless... I stared and stared trying to get something to pick on but came up empty.

Ahah! What are those two panels under the half doors! Are they chalkboards saying the daily specials? They seem a bit too clean. I'm guessing that's the counter that people go up and place orders. Would have been kicked and smudged I bet.

That's the only place I really see anything remotely looking fishy. Very good image!

-Deathcricket-

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 06:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.