PDA

View Full Version : city grime & dirt needed

grstovell
08-09-2002, 05:21 PM
This is a little 'city' test I've been working on. I'm not done yet with the modeling... but I can forsee a lot of problems with the texturing (since I'm just starting to pay attention to photorealistic texturing)...

so all C&C's are welcome! Please be as specific as you can..... don't worry anout being bold, no ego here.;)

-g

Jango
08-09-2002, 07:45 PM
Maybe my answer sounds "boring" but.. try to find some photos from cities and compare.. you find the right "dirt" there :)

Oren Ben-Tov
08-10-2002, 02:01 PM
I think u need a lot of dirt in corners like in the road/sidewalk
or black staines from rain over the building, and also a lot of work on lightning that can improve the image alot
good luck :)

Oren Ben-Tov
08-10-2002, 02:05 PM
also be aware of hard edges in your modeling,building edges and such, give them a little bevel.

grstovell
08-12-2002, 05:07 AM
a little work on the rooftop... right direction????

-g

leigh
08-12-2002, 07:28 AM
Yeah, definitely a step in the right direction :)
Those drips are looking good :thumbsup:
You need loads of that, and you've got the look of it right, so it's very promising.

Do you not have anywhere online to upload these pictures so that you don't have to compress them so much for posting here though? It's a bit hard to judge texturing when the image is so pixellated :sad:

grstovell
08-12-2002, 02:13 PM
thanks Leigh!

no... I don't have a place to post these images. I have an account with mac.com but as you know this will no longer be a free service in a few weeks (days maybe?)... and I do know that geocities does not like direct links...

since I only need a couple of Megs of space... do you know of any charitable org. who helps newbies in need????

-g

ps- I agree... I hated the compressed look.. o well.:hmm:

leigh
08-12-2002, 02:15 PM
Well, if you have a cg-related website, you can get space at 3DLuvr (http://www.3dluvr.com) - they are generous with their space ;) Plus, they allow outside linking and that sort of thing.

grstovell
08-12-2002, 02:22 PM
cool!

off to create a website! see you in a little while!:thumbsup:

-g

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 01:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.