PDA

View Full Version : ColorSync/Workflow recommendation (Mac)

Crocodilian
09-15-2004, 10:33 AM
Hi,

Help! OK, I'm a longtime Photoshop user, have managed to create some kind of Photoshop/Colorsync/something nightmare such that all things that I print from Photoshop have a huge swing to magenta.

Things printed in other apps don't have this problem.

This might be a good time for the long-deferred, "now I really need to learn about color control/calibration" -- can anyone recommend the best place to look for tutorials and the like? A lot of it is way beyond my needs (these are not pre-press proofs that I'm making)

bumskee
09-15-2004, 12:09 PM
hey, there's stickyjust above this post about colours in PS. might want to go through that first. :)

maxx10
09-15-2004, 12:54 PM
try supercal, it's a utility that helps building an accurate color sync profile for your monitor, it was made with LCDs in mind but it has functions for CRTs as well

http://www.bergdesign.com/supercal/

Crocodilian
09-16-2004, 11:40 AM
Bumskee-- thanks, yes, I'd looked at the sticky, but its Windows specific. The Mac has its own very good color profiling system, Colorsync. What's going wrong in my setup is, I think, some kind of clash between an Adobe color management scheme, and the native Apple one; what I'm looking for is advice on how these two things are supposed to play together.

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 06:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.