PDA

View Full Version : render man

summeralive
09-15-2004, 02:45 AM
. i was wondering ,could anyone teach me how to use render man to render still image....
i mean very very detail.... like where to find the button and than how to set it... why we need to do that!!

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!

grafix
09-15-2004, 08:37 AM
So, basically you are telling us that you are using a $ 5,500 program suite without knowing where to set the resolution of your render? You must be either very rich or...:rolleyes:

MunCHeR
09-15-2004, 09:29 AM
LOL @grafix, yeah you think for $5500 they'd give you a manual, maybe pixar have a silver membership plan too :D

MunCH

lazzhar
09-15-2004, 12:37 PM
I'm playing these days with 3Delight, and it seems really fast and .. humm ... free :wise:

http://www.3delight.com/

Dr. Ira Kane
09-15-2004, 01:13 PM
. i was wondering ,could anyone teach me how to use render man to render still image....
that was good...:D

i mean very very detail.... like where to find the button and than how to set it... why we need to do that!!

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!

and that was even better LOL, anyway good luck with your renderman :D

Gremlin
09-15-2004, 01:40 PM
like where to find the button and than how to set it...that was my favorite ...lol

mummey
09-15-2004, 01:48 PM

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!

Ok, must... not... flame.... bad formatting....

summeralive: while not required, it's helpful to use simple, normal formatting in your posts. It helps the others you take you query seriously. Using large, colored lettering in your posts imply you are not taking yourself seriously, and in this case I think its not your intent.

Now to your question. To get a better idea of what you are really asking. I looked at your profile. I grabbed the url you listed, fixed the spelling errors on it, and took a look. By the looks of it, I'm gonna guess that: 1. You're a 2D artist looking to go into 3D, 2. You're using Maya, but you having been using it for that long so there are still a couple of things you don't know where to find, 3. You're working on a computer at your school that contains Maya and a Renderman Artist Tools license. Please let me know if any of these details are incorrect so that I can help identify your problem.

Now, assuming all the above is true, and you want to use Renderman Artist Tools to render a still image, I would suggest looking at the RAT tutorials that are probably installed on the machine along with the tools themselves. They'll be located in a directory like "C:\Program Files\Pixar\docs-5.5".

Now keep in mind you don't have to use renderman to render a still image. Maya does a much easier job of it. If that is what you want reply back to this thread.

Cheers,
-b

elvis75k
09-15-2004, 02:41 PM
Ok, must... not... flame.... bad formatting....

-b
Well said!

ckas
09-16-2004, 04:16 AM
is there alrady a renderman connection to maya 6 or do we have to wait for rendermanForMaya?
and uses anybody liquid?
any experience?
thanks

BillSpradlin
09-16-2004, 05:43 AM
RAT-6.0.1 contains support for Maya 6 - straight off Pixar's support site.

MikeRhone
09-16-2004, 08:25 PM
Summerlative:

To paraphrase the chuckles in this thread... there is no "Make my stuff look good" button in Renderman. It's a very deep, very expensive package. To learn it, you need to read the manuals or at least do some basic tutorials. The link mummey mentioned is a good start.

I would also suggest you check out the boards on highend3d: http://www.highend3d.com/boards/postlist.php?Cat=&Board=renderman

Now keep in mind this is assuming you are running a legit copy of Renderman. If this doesnt happen to be the case, the people over at highend3d will eat you alive and eat your babies.

Best of luck! If you do find a 'Make good' button, PM me!

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 07:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.