PDA

View Full Version : changing a range of color for another

thematt
09-14-2004, 03:21 PM
hey guys,

Can someone explain me how to change one color to another with color corrector node..it seems that I can supress a color quite easily, but I don't find a way to replace that color i supress with another one..

I don't want to use chroma keys..would like to do it just with the color corrector.;

thanks for any help

cheers

Jayk2k
09-15-2004, 02:02 AM
Not possible with just the color corrector. You need to either chroma key something to provide a bitmap mask to a color correct applying a hue shift, or some other way to apply a mask. I assume you want to do this procedurally and not via rotoscope?

One might try to supress the color you are trying to change with one CC node, and then use a boolean set to diference as a second branch, use this to generate a mask, and then apply a second CC node to actually change the hue.

thematt
09-15-2004, 08:10 AM
thank you, intersting idea..I'll check that, never knew i could do a bolean wiht color.

thanks i look for it taht seems like a good solution, if it works.

cheers

thematt
09-15-2004, 08:35 AM
Ok i've try but can seems to wok that out..with a channel bolean, I can't get the diference between the two .unless i didn't really understand.

how would you setup something like this?

thanks you help is precious.

cheers

Jayk2k
09-15-2004, 03:39 PM
Check out this flow. It will do what you want.

thematt
09-16-2004, 08:06 AM
Ok very cool...exactly what i have done before, but didn't get at all the same result, got to see why.mmmm.....

thanks a lot anyway.
I own you one.

cheers

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 03:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.