PDA

View Full Version : PSD Export Question

G3D
09-14-2004, 03:19 PM
Recently someone posted about how to use the PSD export Image Filter Plugin. I got it to work, but the resultant PSD documents always need work once opened in PhotoShop.

Does anyone know if there is a way to make the PSD plugin automatically put the layers in an order other than the default? Another annoying feature to the PSD plugin is that the document's layers are all locked. Is there any way to unlock in opne fell swoop?

TIA

policarpo
09-14-2004, 05:14 PM
Yep...this has been on my list of requests for quite some time now.

The .PSD exporter is basically broken, so you will have to create a new document and manually drag the layers over in the correct order to the new document if you want to take advantage of the buffers in PS.

If you are importing the .PSD into AE, combustion, or DF you have to manually reorder the layers so they appear correctly....it takes a couple minutes to do this (each and everytime you open a new comp):cry:

It's a big arse pain, but it's the only way it works in LW at the moment...

I am living pain free now though. :thumbsup:

HowardM
09-14-2004, 06:56 PM
ok, IVE HAD ENOUGH! :p
im jokin Poli...but seriously...its been how long now? What is the issue, why cant it be fixed easily? sounds pretty stinking simple, who ever made the plugin rearrange the layers please?!

what will it take to fix the PSD Export, have you asked them? Can any programmer just whip it up or has the specific programmer dissapeared and all is lost? What will it take?
Can anyone of us help fix it? Theres alotta programmers around here who would love to Im sure.

btw, Im no programmer :D

policarpo
09-14-2004, 07:05 PM
ok, IVE HAD ENOUGH! :p
im jokin Poli...but seriously...its been how long now? What is the issue, why cant it be fixed easily? sounds pretty stinking simple, who ever made the plugin rearrange the layers please?!

what will it take to fix the PSD Export, have you asked them? Can any programmer just whip it up or has the specific programmer dissapeared and all is lost? What will it take?
Can anyone of us help fix it? Theres alotta programmers around here who would love to Im sure.

btw, Im no programmer :D

mewahahahahahah! :drool:

I have no idea, but I've asked for it to be fixed ever since 7.5 was released...so you do the math and determine what's up.

I feel like a broken record asking for it to be fixed...it was on every email I submitted to NT in regards to feature requests and bugs and such...

So i guess I just got tired of asking when I heard a new tune. :twisted:

ursa
09-14-2004, 07:24 PM
yada yada yada

jabbermike
09-14-2004, 07:26 PM
Because I am using a german PS, I donīt know what the right terms are, but I think that they are called "Actions" or somthing similar. I made one and called it LW2PS. The thing is that any buffer combination needs a action script of its own. So itīs easy: load the LW generated .psd file, start that PS action stuff recorder, change the layer order and the other stuff that has to happen by default and stop the recording. after that you have what you need with only one click after loading a .psd file from LW.

I know, it would be better if LW could handle it in the first place, but untill this happnes thatīs a nifty solution for me.

mike

policarpo
09-14-2004, 07:28 PM
We live by the "work around" ya know...it's our mantra... :twisted:

roguenroll
09-16-2004, 10:54 PM
does this help a little

http://www.lwg3d.com/forums/showthread.php?p=248176#post248176

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 06:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.