PDA

View Full Version : Trouble getting my License Request submitted..

lots
09-14-2004, 02:49 PM
Hey I just recieved my XSI Advanced Academic in the mail, but I've got this problem when i try and submit my request for the license key.

When I attempt to request my license information, as outlined in the
installation manual, the cart at the bottom of the screen (where I add
the licenses I want to request) gives an error when I attempt to add
an item to the cart. I dont know if this is an internal server error
or what, exactly, but the error i recieve is an HTTP 500 error
(internal server error) and i get the following error message:

Microsoft Cursor Engine error '80040e21'

Multiple-step operation generated errors. Check each status value.

/licenserequest/Licreq_cart .ASP, line 362

I have not hit back in this process at all, and I had started with a
fresh run with Internet Explorer. I especially took care to follow
what was suggested in the Licensing FAQ, but nothing seemed to help.

Could the server be busy? Could it be my connection? My school has firewalled and messed with the dorm connection so much that I wouldnt be surprised ;)

NOTE: I am using IE as required..

JDex
09-14-2004, 05:03 PM
I would email support with that problem... Be sure to post the procedure when you get around this barrier.

lots
09-14-2004, 05:52 PM
Yeah, I am going to email support later today when I get a chance, also I will try from my office machine (which doesnt have so many restrictions on it) in hopes that works out better.

I'll be annoyed if it is my school somehow messing things up though, I'll have to chew them out.

Leebre
09-14-2004, 06:54 PM
Don't worry, it's not you. It's a database/code issue on their side that they need to fix.

lots
09-14-2004, 08:15 PM
hehe dont worry, i didnt think it was me. I was just looking for an excuse to chew out the computer people on campus ;)

So I called softimage today and was told to submit my information via the licensing email. So i gues i'll ahve to do it this way

lots
09-15-2004, 04:24 PM
My license request is being processed :) i guess there's a bug in thier system.. because i couldnt submit it through any of my locations (work comptuer dorm computer.. laptop.. computers at home) oh well :)

It's too bad I didnt figure out what was wrong tho, it might help others who come across a similar problem later

Foot
09-15-2004, 07:21 PM
I will be getting my ed license tomorrow (at least that is what UPS says). Hopefully my trial version won't expire before I can get my request processed.

PS: packaging question... do the CD's and DVD's have cases, or are they in paper sleeves for the ed packaging? I know the docs are all PDF's, so I was just wondering if I should go out and buy some... Or use some of the empty AOL frizbee cases I still keep getting. :)

lots
09-15-2004, 08:21 PM
This is what came in my academic package:

The Principles of XSI (in a single standard hard case dvd box)
Softimage Production Series DVDs (in a multi DVD hard case dvd box.. looks like two standard ones put together :P)
The XSI install CD along with a documents CD and a media CD. (this all came in a cardboard box about the size of a cd with a magnetic seal. Each CD is in its own thick paper sleve)

Also got the install manual and the dongle. Was hoping for the big box you probably get with the comercial version (heck my Lightwave Edu came with that ;) and a big thick manual) but oh well.. when I eventually have the need to make money I'll probably get my hands on foundations and then i'll have the big pretty box :P

Foot
09-17-2004, 01:54 AM
They told me my license key request was incomplete because I was missing a registration card number or something... but I never recieved a card with my order from the softimage website. :(

lots
09-17-2004, 02:03 AM
funny the page that took the info made it sound like you didnt need that card.. only to include it if you had it?

were you able to submit your lic info via thier web form?

Foot
09-17-2004, 03:16 AM
Yes I used the web form and it worked just fine for me.

Then they sent an email that said they needed the registration card number... and I didn't have one. "Registration for key incomplete" was the gist of the title of my email.

Now I am realizing after installation that I was wanting to reformat my hard drive... so if I have to re-register with this process all over again I will pull my hair out.

If only the company didn't have to worry about pirates, then the lives of their customers would be so much easier... :(

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 06:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.