PDA

View Full Version : Above & Beyond - Vehicle - freemind77

freemind77
08-09-2002, 09:18 AM
:p Hope , this concept doodle will work , all i want to say is on image, except details i am working on. Btw this contest is best :)

regards

Charles

freemind77
08-09-2002, 11:13 PM
Well , tonite i started , refined design a little bit , started with upper part. Please what you thinks ?

Btw i like pixar-ish rendering so expect more with their typical light "setup" :) :wip:

mebamonster
08-10-2002, 05:04 AM
Hee hee. Funny concept. I like the start of your model, but I'd really like to see the lines of the straps and stuff not so straight...like they are random gathered scraps which have been thrown together. Vary their width...perhaps add some "stitched" or "welded" areas to them. Just a suggestion, of course....Keep us posted:wip:

freemind77
08-10-2002, 03:58 PM
mebamonster: Thanx for positive comment dude , i really appreciate yours sugestions , i thinked about it an so i will ad it soon , expect in new update more irregualities and handmade things.

its a pitty that this only reply i have...c'mon guys...:wip:

OZ
08-10-2002, 04:03 PM
DARK AND COOL!I like it!cmon!Keep it up!:bounce:

PhilOsirus
08-10-2002, 04:06 PM
That looks great, can't wait to see it progress. You might wanna take a look at some Final Fantasy IX artwork. There are loads of cool airships and one is a transport ship simillar to this one. FF always gives me lots of ideas:)

I would add a bunch of thin ropes and such attached here and there. Not much I can say tho so far, so update this soon:)

freemind77
08-10-2002, 08:39 PM
mebamonster , phil : yes , thats what i wanted to do next :)
oz : thx , its kind from master like you ! , hope i will not dissappoint you :)

and FF has very cool models , but i hope this one is original ? story behind scene at last :)

wel here's another update...still little time (grrr) but i hope i will have more this week :bounce:

Charles

freemind77
08-10-2002, 08:40 PM
Btw i think these 2 will work better than one , functionality at least :)

OZ
08-10-2002, 09:47 PM
dissappointi me? Whith ur work!? HAAAA KRAZY GUY!!!!ur new pic is cool as the first!!!U are On the way to do an amazing model!!
ps:Tnx 4 ur kind words...;) happeeeeeeeeness!

freemind77
08-11-2002, 08:14 PM
U sooo kind OZ , i am your very admirer , i visit this forums for one year , but only couple months ago i joined really in :)

well so here is next update...added some bumpmap and color for baloons, pls tell me everyone whats missing ?

Aearon
08-11-2002, 08:25 PM
looks great so far :thumbsup:

nothing missing...actually there's a bit too much in the pic
too much specularity, and the bump map on the balloon is also too strong imo - these too things make the balloon look a bit like metal, i suppose that's not the look you wanted

everything else is great though, the lightning is already interesting, and i like the smoothness of all the parts

i only see one really obvious problem: some of the straps are intersecting with the balloon, see:

http://www.k-dump.net/files/freemind77_aab1.jpg
hope you don't mind me messing with your work, just trying to help :)

keep it up, looks very promising

freemind77
08-11-2002, 08:30 PM
fist > Yea i know about these straps poping thru baloons i will fix em thx for remind me , (it means its so much visible for first sight .)

about specualrity , yeah i know it was just test all is temporary , it will be more mate than metallic , thx again!

:bounce:

mebamonster
08-11-2002, 08:41 PM
You are definately headed in the right direction. I am glad you utilized the variations...it really adds to the overall piece! just a note for future modeling...try to make every piece that is being used serve a purpose...this is homemade and every little scrap piece took them time to find and use...so make them count. For instance...each strap on the balloons should be helping to hold the balloon to the support bar...that sort of thing. anyway, now im just rambling. If these suggestions don't work for you, simply disregard them heehee.

freemind77
08-11-2002, 08:43 PM
mebamonster : thx for advice i will try my best :bounce:

freemind77
08-11-2002, 09:57 PM
Does it look better ? (some things fixed some still waiting to be fixed) :bounce:
Btw should i texture it for final ? i am not sure.

freemind77
08-12-2002, 03:05 PM
Well today i had little more time at work than usually , some update here :bounce: pls tell me what you think , i need inputs :bounce:

Draxiv
08-12-2002, 04:52 PM
I'm no expert or anything, but I think it looks really nice, might want to make the wood look older and more ratty, the home made look. Im sure that will come later though.

freemind77
08-12-2002, 05:05 PM
Thx for kind words Draxiv , i am on updating many thingies, cool idea about rotten planks , i might work on it :bounce:

here is little update about color scheme i am trying...or is it just step nowhere, what you all thing about this background / color scheme ?

tascitus
08-12-2002, 05:27 PM
these are the best baloons ive seen in this challenge. lets see some more!:airguitar

freemind77
08-12-2002, 07:48 PM
thx tascitus , but i dont think so :rolleyes: but i will try my best :bounce:

OZ
08-12-2002, 10:15 PM
first.......U ROX!raeally!....uh..... plz texture the wood,just 4 fun;) .....mmmh...i think u may put a couple of wings to the sides of the wood deck.....mmm just like the LEONARDO do in some of his drawings about flying machines.....
just like this:

CactusJack
08-13-2002, 03:26 AM
very cool concept, wanna see more before i start babbling...lookin great!:beer:

freemind77
08-13-2002, 08:20 AM
Oh thx for kind words guys it really helps! :bounce:
Oz: yea cool idea , it might look nice , thx i'll try and you will see :bounce: :beer:

pit
08-13-2002, 08:44 AM
:eek: Thanks for posting in my thread - otherwise i would have missed this amazing piece!!! How could i ?!! Damn cool model - i love everything about it !! BTW I think my pilot would rather be on your vehicle!!!! ;)

MikaelPersson
08-13-2002, 11:04 AM
Nice looking balloons! What are your plans for the vessel underneath?

fellah
08-13-2002, 11:26 AM
really nice piece, I think you should try with OZ "wings idea". might be really cool!
keep on working :)

freemind77
08-13-2002, 12:07 PM
Thx guys i am really glad to hear such words .:bounce:

well here is next update , i am still not satisfied with wings , but i don't know what to do first , added some details there and there and some lights
. well so whats next.....maybe one pair of smaller wings , tail (maybe?) some old lamp , engine (finally !?) propeller , and some misc things like bags with sand..who knows ...
:rolleyes:

erilaz
08-13-2002, 12:37 PM
Lovely freemind77!

Maybe the wings need some kind of bend system in the main support beams, like linked hinges with a pulley system, so the wings can elevate and flap!

I'm just spurting ideas out of my head, don't mind me.:D

freemind77
08-13-2002, 12:42 PM
erilaz : yes now i am absolutely sure i will redone them , this was just a test if wings wil work and it looks they will . cheers !:beer:

Clanger
08-13-2002, 12:44 PM
I'm with Erilaz here, flapping wings would be so cool.

freemind77
08-13-2002, 07:27 PM
Hi , still working on that flapping wings..got idea but need work on it :rolleyes:

freemind77
08-14-2002, 03:10 PM
Well so , looks like no one is interested in wings :rolleyes: ? ok i decided to build whats uder the hood :bounce: , changed concept again and the power will be...steam engine , because it could be almost impossible to run it with just human force .

mebamonster
08-14-2002, 03:21 PM
You're moving right along here! I like the wings and machinery...Just make sure that you leave space for the passengers. Also, try to secure the engine to the base structure either with screws or nails or rope....something to make it look like it woun't fly around in there. Anyway, good job and Keep us posted!

freemind77
08-14-2002, 03:31 PM
Let surprise yourself where passanger will be :p But i promise parts will be fixed to tub of course this is just start of my engine..i must see how these old steam engines works and i need to add big end to engine , so it shold work ..and of course some engine oil vessels and stuff :):bounce:

freemind77
08-16-2002, 01:07 PM
Well, its off some messages but who cares , challenge is continuing :bounce:

http://www.digitalpark.cz/challenge/updatebig.jpg
http://www.digitalpark.cz/challenge/wire3.jpg
http://www.digitalpark.cz/challenge/wire2.jpg
http://www.digitalpark.cz/challenge/wire1.jpg

hope someone like it , need to finish it soon
:rolleyes: maybe i will add more details?

btw is texturing ok ? its written : modelling only challenge so i maybe have to put textures away ? do you like it this way ?

freemind77
08-16-2002, 08:33 PM
N reply yet ? i know database crashed badly but i would like to get ideas , what to improve what add and else , common folks
:wip:

fellah
08-16-2002, 08:45 PM
I really really like this entry freemind!
it would be neat to see it in a GI render or something though, I think the model deserves it! much easier to crit to(at least for me :) )

keep on working :wip:

Baal
08-16-2002, 10:31 PM
Good model, I really like it, but be careful since textures are not counted in the end... could you show us the model without any textures? (except bump)

Keep up the good work and keep us updated!:thumbsup:

Russo
08-17-2002, 06:47 PM
hmm.. looks good... the bumps will work better with a texture, you can texture it at the end :beer:

visualboo
08-17-2002, 09:04 PM
could you show us the model without any textures? (except bump)

I believe that's all he has applied. Just a bump map.

Would still be cool to see it without "any" maps, because we can all assume that you would apply some form of shaders after all modeling has been completed. :thumbsup:

freemind77
08-18-2002, 10:07 AM
Thx folks for C&C :wip: here is an update , not so much but some controller for my vehicle :bounce:

Aearon
08-18-2002, 10:11 AM
man your texturing and lighting is just awesome :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

make sure it looks good untextured too though :wip:

i think you' have to model more detail to accomplish this, but from the looks of that cool lil' controller you're already at it huh ? :bounce:

freemind77
08-18-2002, 10:54 AM
more detailed one.of course with GI. ok i would like to get this detail overall:rolleyes:

fist thx , i like yourmodelling skills. I cant model so well as other folks here on forums . my job is mainly TD+ligthing :shrug: its only modelling WIP ....its a pitty but i hope i will not be last

erilaz
08-18-2002, 12:30 PM
Yay! Hingey wings look great!:thumbsup:

Astounding detail freemind77!

freemind77
08-19-2002, 11:39 AM
updates - small parts

freemind77
08-19-2002, 02:12 PM
continuing...

freemind77
08-19-2002, 02:16 PM
continuing..close up

freemind77
08-19-2002, 02:17 PM
sorry forgot pic :rolleyes:

sarfarazsoomro
08-19-2002, 02:55 PM
wow...the detail is awsome.........;)

mebamonster
08-19-2002, 08:41 PM
Looking great there. One suggestion though...you may want to give that pilot's seat a seatbelt of some sort. God forbid a little gust of wind comes and bumps the ship and the next thing you know, the pilot's hanging by the control bar and pulling the whole contraption into a wild spinning plummet to the ground. yikes!
so, yes, seatbelt might be a good safety measure.
just a thought

blakboks
08-20-2002, 03:15 AM
So many details :eek: ...
Wondering if you've followed all the gears and stuff along so they'd actually work...or if they're mostly just placed for looks?

To kinda add to mebamonster's comment...maybe a foot-board, like on old carriages would help to give the pilot some support.

Keep it up:thumbsup:

Later.

Fetus23
08-20-2002, 04:11 AM
Hello freemind!!..your model is looking amazing!!...I'd really like to see it textured after the challenge!!...what else is coming??

fetus

:wavey:

freemind77
08-20-2002, 08:12 AM
First , thanks folks for your comments and inputs it helps alot :thumbsup: to improve my poor modeling skills. maybe i will add this sail , maybe some type of tail like seen on leonardo da vinci or jules verne machines, and of course these seatbelts and some support for pilot..maybe pilot itself ? who knows. Finally i should try to texture and lit this thing in prman (just for another maybe wip thread) thx all for support:bounce:

pit
08-22-2002, 06:43 AM
:love: all the details here!!- a small remark though -> i think the anchors look to small, but thats really all i can remark on - very nice work! . Im with Fetus23: lets see some textures!!

mebamonster
08-22-2002, 09:15 PM
Just a personal opinion...but the sail throws me off. I'm not sure if it works well for this piece. I love all of the other stuff you have put here though...Just a thought. You never know, the sail may grow on me.:wip:

freemind77
09-05-2002, 08:50 PM
Hello there, i've been bussy like hell ,so no time to challenge at all. But good news i'll try to texture and finish this one as WIP project yourself just for fun.:wip: Here (of course some time left to complete a model at least from 70%)

here is big one not so compressed
http://freemind.euweb.cz/challenge/updatefbig.jpg

freemind77
09-05-2002, 08:53 PM
ohh..i've just found : copy & paste URL for big one to browser adress bar, sorry direct link is not working

fellah
09-07-2002, 09:55 AM
hey there, nice final!
I think the ballons don't look filled with air enough though.. ballons are often so filled with air that they try to squeze through the ropes(hard to explain in words..)
I know you can't change it now, but maybe for future projects..
anyway it's still really nice, just wanted to point it out.. :)

take care
// fellah

Zardoz
09-07-2002, 10:14 AM
your ship/ballon is really good.

I just think you could give different colors to each texture or try to make the renders with more contrast so that we could see all the amazing details u created.

freemind77
09-08-2002, 08:05 PM
thats a pitty i cant finish it..but its same for me ...no time to finish challenge now..thats maybe everyone here got these probs...you know normal living / job is more important but again it was great times here to read comments and ideas...nice stormbraining etc...cool site this cgtalk! thx you all. I will try to participate in next challenge.see you all!

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 01:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.