PDA

View Full Version : Need Some Asperin

Ed Bittner
09-14-2004, 12:05 PM
O.K, here's what I'm trying to do. I have 300 frames of some color footage,(live dv), of a subject walking from screen right to screen left in a med. close-up. I want to isolate the dude and make him black&white. So far, I've only been able to do this by duplication the backgroung layer, then using the lasso tool tracing around the subject, dropping the saturation level to zero, and using the eraser for clean-up. My question is, is there anyway to automate this? I didn't have the luxery at the time to shoot green screen so I'm kinda stuck with what I've got.
Please help.
Ed

Y.Y
09-14-2004, 03:30 PM
you can copy the intire layer to another "page" and define it as gray scale, its got to be faster then what you are doing now.

shi
09-14-2004, 03:33 PM
yes...no...maybe, it depends on the background of the frame. if contrasty enough you could make it free by using the color channels to mask the image, maybe use the maximize and minimiza filters( dialate ) to cleanup the mask, or maybe the magnetic lasso is more of the tool that you need (or the backgound eraser:( ).

ehm. if you want more help i need to see an image.

berniebernie
09-14-2004, 07:26 PM
post some images; knocking out backgrounds is an image by image process; there's not one single appliable technique...

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 07:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.