PDA

View Full Version : Matt Munn - Animation Session 9 - Shot Put

uhuru
09-14-2004, 08:32 AM
Olympic Accidents?!?! How can one resist??? I should have posted my progress starting a long time ago so that I could get some feedback from you guys, but I waited until the last minute to think of that like an idiot. Now, although I probably won't be able to fix any problems before the September 15th deadline, I'd still appreciate some feedback so that I can get it right for myself. Yah dig? So let me know wsup with my animation. Thanks alot!

peace,
Matt
:bounce:
Heres the link to my entry:
www.mattmunn.com/animation/MunnShotPut.mov (http://www.mattmunn.com/animation/MunnShotPut.mov)
5.22 mb (so you might want to do a right-click SaveTargetAs...)

Suricate
09-14-2004, 08:59 AM
Hey, that's great ! :thumbsup:

Good timing, anticipation, arcs, everything ! The only very minor crits that I have:
1. The action when the character lifts the shot (first two seconds) appear a little bit too fast. Obviously you intended a snappy, cartoony movement, but still I would slow down this part a little bit.
2. Maybe the direction of flight of the shot should be more vertical after leaving the character's hand.
3. Maybe the upper body should move a little bit after the character comes to a stand (after about 9 seconds)

Otherwise, excellent stuff !

uhuru
09-15-2004, 01:20 AM
Thanks Christopher. I actually went in and slowed down the lifting action and also added a little more to that moving hold. Thanks a lot for the feedback, it really helped.

Matt

magan3D
09-15-2004, 05:29 AM
I really like that!!

I'm not an expert on shot put or anything but after the put is thrown his head makes a weird twitch. :shrug:

Other then that I thing that when he is about to toss it you should cut the pause by like 5 frames, it just a little to long in my opinion.

I wanna see more of him pullin his head out of the ground too.

B

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 06:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.