PDA

View Full Version : educational version of XSI installed on linux?

dread65
09-14-2004, 03:22 AM
Hi, I was wondering if the educational version of XSI 4.0 can be installed on linux. Its supposed to the be same as the advanced version of XSI accept for non commercial purposes. But is there a linux license also for the educational one?

Thanks

bravmm
09-14-2004, 07:57 AM
AFAIK yes, but I could be wrong ;)
Email Softimage if you want to be sure, or your local dealer.

cheers,

rob

lots
09-14-2004, 02:52 PM
I just got mine in the mail, and as far as I can tell, the manual outlines instructions on how to setup XSI on linux, and when you request the license key it looks like you can get one for linux.. But thats just from what i see sitting right in front of me :)

bmwolf
09-14-2004, 11:47 PM
I don't believe it can be installed on linux. well at least not used on linux. when you go to submit your request there is only a windows 2 cpu educational version to choose. it's also not exactly the same because you don't get the extra 2 cpus with batch and you loose a few satellites. you can install the satellites(2-4) on linux though. i've posted this question on the base (do a search there) and also talked with support.

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 04:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.