PDA

View Full Version : character wakes up - please critique

southparx
09-13-2004, 11:06 PM
hello everyone,

i just did a scene for my college project, where the main character is waking up;
i'm new to animating and i have never had traditional background ( i go to multimedia college, but i took the courage to do a character animation project http://cgtalk.com/images/smilies/smile.gif ).

so all kinds of inputs, critiques and pointers are very appreciated, like i think in the timing are all wrong, it looks floaty on the arms, but with your kind helps, perhaps i can make it better.

btw, sorry if the character is very Killer Bean look-alike, when i showed the sketch, my lecturers like it so i thought i'll give it a go.

here's the link to the file, please right click then save target as
http://cc.1asphost.com/southparx/test6.mov123

you might notice the extension is .mov123 instead of .mov ;
i did this because the free hosting site i'm currently using doesn't allow certain filetypes,
so please rename it to .mov

sorry for the inconvenience, and thank's in advance

Suricate
09-14-2004, 06:16 AM
Hi southparx,

I think in your animation too many things are happening too fast at the same time which makes it rather floaty. I like the arm movement at the end of the scene, but for the general order of things I would suggest you try it like this:
1. One eye opens (first half-open, then fiully opened) and starts looking around.
2. After a while, the other eye opens as well.
3. The caracter moves arms and feet a little.
4. The character bends a little, but then goes back flat on the ground.
5. Finally, the character gets up.

Just my 2 cents. BTW, nice character !

southparx
09-14-2004, 12:17 PM
thanks Suricate,

hmm you're right about 'too many things happening at the same time', i thought what i have in mind is not making it stiff but i guess i've overdone it; i'll work on the middle part some more.

wow your suggestion about the character bends a little then lies back flat is exactly the same with my housemate's.

okay, i'll see what i can do about this one little scene, thank you for your time,
and really glad someone likes the character :)

have a good day.

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 06:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.