PDA

View Full Version : Tutorials on anti-photocopying techniques?

singularity2006
09-13-2004, 10:16 PM
On a lot of checks these days, when u try to photocopy them, they produce a photocopy that says "void" all over the copy. This is done with lotsa little dots blended in with an extremely fine print of color..... does anyone have any tutorials to produce this in photoshop?

theGuest
09-14-2004, 10:05 AM
Maybe if i could see an example of the effect. I've never seen it. But i'm sure it's possible... fairly sure. ;)

:bounce:

shi
09-14-2004, 03:35 PM
the sam system uses diagonal stripes in wich the void tekst is opositly striped to the main raster. ?? it's used in the euro banknotes?

singularity2006
09-15-2004, 01:24 AM
heh, kind of hard to show it since i don't have any checks on hand... haven't had a *ahJOBem* in a while. Anyway, if you looked closely at a document like a check that has a multicolor background, you'll notice that the background is a multicolor gradient made of extremely fine dots and NOT solid. The word "void" is spelled out by spacing out the dots sufficiently enough that a photocopier will end up producing the full work in black and white because of its inability to get such fine tones. In a way, it's kind of like increasing the contrast to super high when u photocopy.

sundialsvc4
09-15-2004, 02:07 AM
You can order that kind of security-paper, and just print on that. But your best defense against photocopying is a little "C" with a circle drawn around it...

Control-Freak
09-19-2004, 08:10 AM
Besides the spacing of the pixels you would also need to print it on a press with the appropriate ink. The ink used for the security setups is so when scanned by a photocopier or scanner the ink absorbes the light rather then reflecting it back for the device to pick it up (however there are some copiers that can get around these security setups with ease)

No matter what security feature you use just remember that all printers leave finger prints that can be traced back to those misusing them and would help if you found someone copying your checks.

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 06:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.