PDA

View Full Version : hires output... polys or nurbs??

ooz
09-13-2004, 03:40 PM
hi guys, im working on some characters that i want to output for print, rendered images need to be in a 3500 x 2500 pixels (A4 size, 300dpi). the images will be rendered with nprs using the toonshader plugin.

my question is this:
1. if i use polys, will i get jagged edges for rounded parts of my model? or shall i use nurbs to avoid this problem?

my knowledge tells me that nurbs are better for getting nice smooth curved lines, especially when using hires output.... but id rather get ur opinions as i am kinda new dont want to start with one method only to realize that i need to do it in the other method....

help!!

anthonymcgrath
09-13-2004, 03:49 PM
It might be worth seeing if the geometry would come out nice as subdivision surfaces esp. if they're modelled in polys. problem with converting to nurbs is all the tesselation chuddery. At least with subdivs you can crunk up the division quickly :)

failing that - again if they're all polys - use polygon/smooth to subdivide and play with the settings. Worth a shot

ant
newc
uk

ooz
09-14-2004, 08:23 AM
mmmm.... will try it.

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 05:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.