PDA

View Full Version : Preferences file error

Artician
09-12-2004, 07:07 PM
Hi all,

I use Photoshop for texture creation. I've been using it for several years, and on occasion I get various errors which (after some quick research around the web) are apparently caused by the preferences file being corrupt. Evidently deleting the preferences file fixes the problem right away.

However, I recently upgrabded to Photoshop CS (8.0), and they moved the preferences file location on me! At least I think they did, because I can't find it anywhere. So I'd like to ask if anyone knows how to find it on this version of Photoshop, because all the directions for fixing this issue don't apply to CS.

Many thanks in advance for helping me fix this stupid little problem!

Artician
09-12-2004, 07:22 PM
I was given the answer to this on another forum. For those who are also running CS and need to know this, here is the answer:

anyway here's how you delete it..

Press and hold Alt+Control+Shift (Windows) or Option+Command+Shift (Mac OS) immediately after launching Photoshop or ImageReady. You will be prompted to delete the current settings.

Then the preference window will popup when Photoshop is launched...

I hope that helps someone.

Xplorer
09-12-2004, 07:35 PM
Hold tight, it's a long one:

C:\Documents and Settings\xxxxxxx\Application Data\Adobe\Photoshop\8.0\Adobe Photoshop CS Settings\Adobe Photoshop CS Prefs.psp (xxxxx = name of user profile)

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 05:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.