PDA

View Full Version : Help me to get a more realistic lightning on this home

ronaldomiranda
09-12-2004, 07:04 PM
How can i get a more realistic light than this? Any tips or suggestions?

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid139/p78bf5082c2877473592c4858faaa46fa/f70a3f99.jpg.orig.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid139/p78bf5082c2877473592c4858faaa46fa/f70a3f99.jpg.orig.jpg

I still not texture it...
will beguin this week

thanx in advance...

lazzhar
09-12-2004, 07:31 PM
Nice modeling.
I think you got the basic lighting setup, but you have to work on textures and shaders to be able to judge about your lighting. It's really hard to speak for now. Hope good luck for you.

slipknot66
09-12-2004, 07:44 PM
E ai Ronaldo, po gostei do modelo, muito detalhado, perfeito, com relacao a luz, tenta aumentar o numero de FG rays, e utilizar area lights, esse eu acho que e o grande segredo, area lights.O render fica mais lento, mas o resultado final compensa.Tipo cria 2 point lights e converte pra Mentalray area lights com square projection, posiciona essas duas luzez uma na frente e outra atras, com uma intensidade de 0.5 Pro sol usa um spot light mas nao converte como area lights.Todas as luzes emitindo photons. Eu sempre uso Global Illum Accuracy 100 e glogal illum radius 3. Ve se essas configuracoes funcionam pra essa cena.
Parabens Cara, to impressionado com os detlahes de modelagem:thumbsup:

i think i need to write in english too...lol

i said.. try to increase the FG Rays and create 2 point lights with intensity of 0.5 then convert these lights into mentalray area lights, position one light in front of the house and the other one behind the house.For the sun try to use a spotlight, but not converted into area lights, all the lights emitting photons. I always use the Global Illum Accuracy 100 and Global Illum Radius 3.See if these settings work fine with this scene.
:D

MunCHeR
09-12-2004, 08:38 PM
looking very nice ronald, think your link needs fixing though, *.jpg.orig.jpg?

Keep us posted :D

MunCH

need some info on your lighting setup too...

Daneel
09-13-2004, 10:12 AM
Yes, nice model for sure. I would try to soften up the shadows. - The ones on the ground are pretty hard on the edges... Either try putting in some Final Gather rays, say 500-1000, and/or use additional light sources close up (with a sizeable falloff rate) to get highlites and increase depth.

ronaldomiranda
09-13-2004, 12:01 PM
Thanx Lazzhar for your reply! You were the first one to help me about light, really thanx.

Slipknot66, Valeu pelas dicas, vou fazer exatamente como vc falou e ver como fica.
Mas eo posicionamento das áreas lights? inclinadas ou de frente para a casa?
e a abertura do cone da spot light? (rsrsrs) Obrigado por ter gostado dos detalhes
thanx for the tips, i will try like you said...

Muncher, seens that the *.jpg.orig.jpg is wrong, but is not wrong...
But now i realise that the imagestation.com, sometimes denny the access to the pics, from outside its site... sometimes i can see the picture above, sometimes not...weird!

slipknot66E

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 04:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.