PDA

View Full Version : Straight lines with a twist - neep help :)

epoxy5
09-12-2004, 01:40 PM
Oke I have this stupid question, but some might know the answer..

I need to make some lines in a standard 2 point perspective grid, and the lines should go from vanish point A trough a point called B and end in a point called C.

I don't know where C will be at the moment but I know for sure where B will be.

So if I with a normal brush click on point A and shift click on point B I will get a straight line, but only between those two points.

What I really need is to make that line longer so I can attach a point C somewhere down that line. This can of course be done with the line tool, where I would drag the line as long as I wanted and make sure it intersected point B - but how is this done without using linetool and just a brush?

I tried this way - click on point A, shift click on point B, continue to hold down shift and drag the brush further, but that resulted in a correct line from A to B, but from B it just went horizontal straight (I knew that would happen, but I hoped :) )

Anyone?

Drumwhore
09-12-2004, 03:06 PM
you can create a new layer, then shift-click from point a to point b. then duplicate this layer and move it in the continuity of the ab line then merge them together.

epoxy5
09-12-2004, 04:02 PM
Hey thanks for trying :)

I have now different ways to do it, but still would love to keep away from new layers, linetool and pentool..

It's just that when I make huge images, the new layers makes it a little slow, and in order to sketch I don't think these ways are fast/smart enough.

But I appriciate the idea.

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 05:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.