PDA

View Full Version : Help Painting veins in zbrush ???

MikeNash
09-12-2004, 01:23 PM
Hey all

Im having alot of trouble painting good veins in zbrush,im using an alright tablet,but just have problem painting them with ease using projection master.

pnoland
09-12-2004, 04:36 PM
Try this, start the projection master and switch to the decobrush tool. Now make sure you have the Practical Guide downloaded and in your resources -> Rimasson folder load 'alpha2' for your decobrush texture. Now set he brush to 'add' and adjust your settings accordingly...I usually use a brush size of 2 through 5, and an intensity between 5 and 10 depending on how much of an effect you want to get from it.

Kanga
09-13-2004, 02:12 PM
Painting a vascular system in ZB seems to go ok using transform tools as well, even before going to PM. You can run the pinch tool over arteries to pronounce them which helps. The resolution of the mesh you are painting on is also important.

Kanga

Mentat7
09-13-2004, 02:23 PM
I often paint my veins on first with color before adding ZDepth to them. I find the painted on texture helps me to define the depth and size of the the actual bump I will add later. Regular transform edit mode is perfect for this and you shouldn't have any problems doing it unless you have a very dense mesh or are low on system resources.

pixolsoftware
09-14-2004, 12:52 AM
Hi Kravit,

Also make sure that your object is made of enough polygons in the areas you are painting.......probably stating the obvious.

Regards,
Paul

Kanga
09-14-2004, 01:31 AM
Hi Kravit,

Also make sure that your object is made of enough polygons in the areas you are painting.......probably stating the obvious.

Regards,
Paul
I don't believe that its obvious. I've just spent a couple of hours messing with settings and forgot that point. I notice a traditional mesh approach wont cut it. I was disparing getting details like pores and lip wrinkles in my max model and forgot that I need to make the mesh denser in those areas. Thanx for mentioning this again.

Kanga

pixolsoftware
09-14-2004, 02:03 AM
Hi,

A technique I often use to paint veins etc is to use a stencil. Try it - I think you will find using the stencil tool adds a new dimension when used in conjunction with Projection Master.

Regards,
Paul

MikeNash
09-14-2004, 07:33 AM
Thanks for tips everyone.

I looked at stencil but i couldn't workout how to put my own in there ?

Also i was wondering what the "Fit objects into view" button is, i keep losing my model.

pixolsoftware
09-14-2004, 09:15 AM
Thanks for tips everyone.

I looked at stencil but i couldn't workout how to put my own in there ?

Also i was wondering what the "Fit objects into view" button is, i keep losing my model.
Hi Kravit,

1. In the Alpha panel, there is a "Make Stencil" button. This will make the current Alpha a stencil.

2. If you loose your object, simply press ALT + LMB in the viewport and it will fit the object into view for you.

Regards,
Paul

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 06:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.