PDA

View Full Version : diffuse and matte pass does NOT align!

wurp
09-12-2004, 10:47 AM
Hi
I have a really weird problem here. I have a scene with a diffuse and two matte passes. Im rendering them with motionblur in rapid motion mode. I double-checked that all the motionblur settings are the same in each pass, but for some reason the matte passes does not align with the diffuse pass. I know Im comparing the right frames as the pose of the character is exactly the same but for some reason the motioblur seems different in the matte passes. Another weird thing is that some of the frames DO line up but some doesnt. What's going on here??

qba3d
09-12-2004, 11:16 AM
i`m guesing: but was the raytracing on in all the passes?
.... yes it was a blind shot..

wurp
09-12-2004, 11:29 AM
Yes, raytracing is on in all the passes.

qba3d
09-12-2004, 11:45 AM
You already found a Solution with Atyss: Network rendering..
Take care! and good luck!
Q

wurp
09-12-2004, 11:48 AM
Its too slow to render on a single machine.

Here I am, on a SUNDAY trying to get shit rendered and bloody XSI/MR can't even get mblur right...

JDex
09-12-2004, 11:51 AM
Analyse your scenes frames for a break in the action near the middle... lets say frame 337

render all passes for frames 1-337 on one machine, and 337-702 on the other...

It has nothing (or little) to do with either XSI or MR.

If I render one set of passes in C4D on my Dual MP system, then another set on my Pentium system... there are differences. It's the way the data is processed that f's things up.

But I feel your pain and frustration.

Atyss
09-12-2004, 09:53 PM
Analyse your scenes frames for a break in the action near the middle... lets say frame 337

render all passes for frames 1-337 on one machine, and 337-702 on the other...

It has nothing (or little) to do with either XSI or MR.

If I render one set of passes in C4D on my Dual MP system, then another set on my Pentium system... there are differences. It's the way the data is processed that f's things up.

But I feel your pain and frustration.

First, I'm pretty sure that wurp's renderfarm is homogenous, that is, that all machines have the same specifications. This is how renderfarms are set up.

Second, XSIBATCH have serious incoherence problems with it comes to network rendering. Many of these problems are not present when using XSI, ray3 or satellite rendering. I speak by experience, XSIBATCH is way more buggy than XSI.

Cheers
Bernard

JDex
09-12-2004, 11:59 PM
Sorry... didn't realize he was using a farm or batch... Wurp doesn't state anything about it. Would have stayed out of it, since I've never used batch.

wurp
09-13-2004, 12:12 AM
mmm farm :bounce:

Waz
09-13-2004, 04:44 PM
Are your aliasing settings the same on the passes? Or is it more than just the edges? I had the same problem until I realized the aliasing were quite different and the 2 passes never lined up.

wurp
09-13-2004, 04:50 PM
Yeah Im using the same anti-aliasing settings. Its not a problem with anti-aliasing anyway, the difference is just too big. It almost looks like the mblur settings are being animated from frame to frame...

Are your aliasing settings the same on the passes? Or is it more than just the edges? I had the same problem until I realized the aliasing were quite different and the 2 passes never lined up.

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 06:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.