PDA

View Full Version : Rigging a limb to bend opposite the prefered <

tredeger
09-12-2004, 08:04 AM
I'd like to rig some limbs-- 2 and 3 bone arms that will be controlled by IK but I want to be able to have them flip past the preferred angle. To visualize what I mean, curl your arm tightly closed. Now uncurl to full extension. Now imagine if your elbow allowed you to uncurl past that 180* point and keep going. Like a hinge without a limiting stop point. That's the action I'd like to achieve without sacrificing IK control of the limb. Any ideas as to how to achieve this? Thanks in advance and

cheers,
Jazz

tredeger
09-14-2004, 05:18 PM
wow, no genius TD answers to this conundrum? Did I explain the problem poorly or is it somewhat intractable?

Jesse-Irvin
09-14-2004, 05:45 PM
Why do you need IK on the arms? you could try IK fk switching and blending... *shrug* use ik till you need to flip it... switch to fk to flip it and reactivate the ik? Not sure if that would change the preffered angle properly or not though... you could also try 2 rigs to switch between... one for each "side"

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 05:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.