PDA

View Full Version : Importing into Zbrush

JesseDavis
09-12-2004, 05:32 AM
When importing my model (a face- not whole head) into zbrush (from maya in this instance, though it applies to other programs), it seems that the front of the face doesn't show, but rather the back of the face does. I tried to see if it was the normals, so I flipped them and imported again - but to no success. If anyone has had this problem (or thinks they know what might be a problem), could you please direct me to the cause?

Thanks

aminuts
09-12-2004, 05:54 AM
Some questions....

1. can we see a pic of the problem in zbrush?
2. what import settings did you use in zbrush when importing?
3. was your original obj grouped in maya?

Zbrush is pretty good about importing models so my first thought would be it has something to do with your export settings from maya or whatever program you are exporting the model from.

Have you tried loading it into something like UVMapper and had the same results? and tried to fix it in uvmapper or whatever?

celmar
09-12-2004, 08:27 AM
hello; I'm not sure to understand, but maybe it's just the need to click the "double" option, in tool palette...

JesseDavis
09-12-2004, 08:42 AM
ahh yes celmar, that worked. Thank you. I wonder what it actually changes in the mesh though to get it to display. oh well.

Kanga
09-13-2004, 01:16 PM
Could be just like force 2 sided viewing in other 3d apps. Importing a plane might not be enough info for ZB. Whack a sphere on the back of your face to enclose it a bit might also help.

Kanga

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 05:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.