PDA

View Full Version : FXWars! Avalanche!: Jesus C.

maddog2002
09-11-2004, 05:17 PM
Hi all, i dunno if posting only finished works is allowed, but i just don`t have enough time in my hands to be uploading vids/WIPs and stuff...
so, anyway, i`ll just go ahead and post the somewhat finished work, or at least as far as i could go, i wish i had time to put in more detail and render quality to this, but u know, the stuff that pays the rent is what gets priority :shrug:
anyway, here`s the vid (quicktime, sorenson, 10 MB).

video (http://www.cmultiple.net/avalanche.mov)
(right click, save target blah blah :))

nevermind the burned whites, i think compression did that, the uncompressed version looks alot less burned :)

by the way, it`s the first animation i show up here on cgtalk, so, DON`T be too gentle!!:D

(edit): link active again... :)

Triple G
09-12-2004, 03:52 AM
That's looking pretty good...you do realize that you have until October 4th to submit your final shot on this, right? Surely you must have at least some time between now and then to take this even further?

maddog2002
09-12-2004, 08:59 AM
hi Triple G, thnx for the reply...
yeah, well, maybe i will try and find the time to mess with it more... we`ll see ;)
by the way, i am using 3dsmax 6 and the reactor engine... i am thinking about reworking the thing from scratch... so i can make a more interesting landscape and avalanche flow :)

thnx again!

Triple G
09-12-2004, 08:18 PM
I actually just noticed something....I think the subject of your thread is supposed to have your forum username in the title, which yours does not appear to have. Not sure if that's going to be a problem down the road or not, but just thought I'd point that out. :shrug:

maddog2002
09-14-2004, 12:12 AM
actualy, i think u`re right... i typed my actual name there lol...
well, i corrected it... thnx again... :)

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 06:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.