PDA

View Full Version : My Heart

AddictionJunkie
09-11-2004, 02:55 AM
Hey everyone, :wavey:

This is the second time I post here, hoping for some constructive criticisms. This heart is going to be used in my website as the intro. It will be beating.. the animation is actually done, but Iím still trying to fix some things. :cry: :banghead: For example, while itís beating, I want some blood to be dripping from the heart, however, I tried to make the animation infinite, (I did that in the graph editor) but it doesnít loop blendshapes. Does anyone know how to do this? (Using maya) :shrug:

Anyway.. so hopefully you like it..

Addiction Junkie : :twisted:

See image below.. it's actually 'in progress' hopefully it works.

AddictionJunkie
09-11-2004, 10:12 PM
I actually meant for this post to go in focused critiques.. Hopefully someone can change this..

AddictionJunkie
09-11-2004, 11:29 PM
I'm guessing by the lack of reply, the picture might not work.. i'm trying now to attach my picture onto this message.. hopefully it works.

Addiction Junkie.

Is it normal to have the image indicate that it's 'in progress' once you attach it?

hpslashluvr
09-12-2004, 11:01 AM
perhaps it is too big?

you can email it to me at hpslashlover@yahoo.com

and i will post it for you

hpslashluvr
09-12-2004, 07:09 PM
meh let's see if this works

yay it does! hehe

ok for crits, i would put more contrast in the lighting, and i'm not sure if i like the dark lines that seem to outline parts of the heart (unless it's supposed to in real life...no clue what hearts look like lol)

oh btw i'm sorry i didn't post earlier if you sent it earlier, cuz i thought it was spam x.x;;;

AddictionJunkie
09-13-2004, 03:08 AM
hey thanks hpslashluvr for posting my pic. I'm so happy that it's finally up.!!

Anyway, as per the lighting.. you're absolutely right, I just used the default light. And as for the lines, I will put less emphasis on it.. stay tuned.

Addiction Junkie.

Slav
09-15-2004, 03:54 PM
i believe you can use expressions to make the animation loop... i think that when you go to the graph editor you can set the loop attr. but you will have to make it into a constant curve... so i assume that you will be using some kind of a cos/sin expression i dont understand why maya will not let you look blend shape. try making 2 keys min and max poses ... add a few inbetweens to blend the animation together ... should in theory work fine. but i never really tried to loop blend shapes. but its how i would approach something like that.

pardon my spelling.

Crusty_Butt
09-15-2004, 04:52 PM
I've never looped a blendshape, but I have an idea...

Create a locator and use it to make set driven keys that animate the blendshape, then animate the locator and loop the animation of it. If you aren't familiar with driven keys, here is a link to a video tutorial:

http://www.digital-tutors.com/digital_tutors/display_video.php?videoX=161

It's hard to tell what the textures are like because the lighting isn't set up yet. I think it would be cool if it were more slimy looking.

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 06:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.