PDA

View Full Version : Problems registering XSI Foundation V4

MKIII
09-11-2004, 01:28 AM
bearing in mind that the new foundation deal does not come with a dongle.

Obviously all the docs & install progs assume you have a normal dongled version, and there is no info in the box to say otherwise. The little wallet with the registration card had just that, no other info - is that normal?

Eventually, I realised that i had the 30 day trial in my downloads folder, installed (works fine) and then... lo & behold, it gives me the option to register to get a license key.... something that the standard install from the CD neglected to do.

I digress... so... I get to the softimage.com registration form, duly enter my reg. key from the card supplied with the box... and dammit.. it says the number is invalid. (yes I made sure I's 1's, o's and 0's were typed correctly)... no joy.

Anyone else have this problem? Did you have to do it all via email, or is there something i'm missing apart from patience maybe?

coryc
09-11-2004, 01:42 AM
hmm..I ignored that little card and just used the registration number that came with my email when I purchased it.

Signal2Noise
09-11-2004, 02:29 AM
Yup, that card with the license number that comes with the XSI package are for those who purchased Softimage through a dealer.

If you purchased XSI online then you would have received an email containing a bevy of useful information including a permanent license key to be used with the XSI download that would have been made available to you.

Contact Softimage if you still can't figure it out.:thumbsup:

MKIII
09-11-2004, 12:13 PM
Thanks guys. I used a dealer... but they are not available over the weekend. The registration does ask for the number on the registration card though, so it is odd that it doesnt work.

Either way. I have contacted both soft & the dealer. No real problem tho since i still have the 30 day trial installed for now. I'm just impatient & weekends just get in the way :)

antero
09-11-2004, 05:51 PM
I had the same problem ... email softimage ( the email from the error message ) and in less than 24h I received an email telling me to try again, it worked.

MKIII
09-11-2004, 08:10 PM
I did email them, but I'm assuming they are not working over the weekend. The reg screen still doesn't work. I'll just have to wait patiently.

I just got a load of work to do anyhow... so I can only look longingly at the box, manuals, and dvds until I get some spare time anyway it is a very nice box. I especially like the little magnet fastners on the lid & the cd case.... :)

3DDave
09-12-2004, 01:02 AM
Maybe you did not notice, but the 30 day demo is fully functional, i.e. you can save your work.

MKIII
09-12-2004, 01:48 AM
Hi.. yes... I see that, but I need to use Lightwave to do the aforementioned job, so no worries on that score.

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 05:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.