PDA

View Full Version : Changing A factory setting

foxco
09-10-2004, 11:47 PM
Hey all, Is there a way that i can alter xsi default factory settings, in particular i wish to set Scene Ambience to 0. instead of .2 by default. or lead me to the right files in softimage folders where i can search for it

thanks

Cheers

Fox

SheepFactory
09-11-2004, 06:28 AM
create a new scene , set the default ambience to 0 and save it. Now open that scene everytime you want to create a new scene.

just a quick solution :)

Atyss
09-11-2004, 08:39 AM
As far as I know there is no way to do that, even with hacking the spdl (because there is no parameter to hack!). Maybe by fiddling deep into the mental ray files you could do that, but I believe this parameter is hardcoded in the software. Afterall it's not even a shader, it's just a parameter that multiplies the ambient color....

Cheers
Bernard

Funky
09-11-2004, 12:09 PM
Hi
you could make all you want and save it as script to a button. all you have to do is click on it and it will make your scene like you want.:)

Funky

zen jehad
09-11-2004, 12:23 PM
I'd go with the saving it as a scene file. I have a modded basic scene file I use to load up XSI, since there's a few parameters that don't get saved between sessions and so on. (ie. ambience, PAL format, and various render params.).

foxco
09-11-2004, 04:19 PM
Thanks anyways guys if theres no specific way to change settings then i might just go with new scene file idea, and ya did check the spdl file, i guess its pulling the value from else where, if i do find out how eventualy, i will post it here, im sure it could be useful to some aspects for people

Cheers
Fox

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 03:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.