PDA

View Full Version : - Using LipService???

CIM
02-04-2002, 02:01 PM
Ok, I've just started trying to figure out LipService, but due to the poor docs., I don't really get it. How exactly do you use LipService?

So, to start you load an audio file and then a model of some sort of head? Next you use the sculpt tools to mush it around for facial expressions? After that I can't figure much more out.

This is an odd program, but it seems useful. Can anyone who uses it explain the process? There aren't any tutorials or videos anywhere?

I've noticed that when using the arrow keys on the keyboard to play the audio clip, the button slider gets distorted and freezes. Only way to get it back is to minimize the interface (which redraws the interface). What do you need some super-mega video card to use his little program. Seems pretty stupid.

What's the deal with Joe Alter? When's he gonna get with it an put some effort into these programs? They are really nice, but seems like he's doing a half-assed job on them, IMO. Hope he gets his act together.

Mike RB
02-04-2002, 09:47 PM
Lipservice is a great program. This is how it works.

Load in your object.
Sculpt whatever phonemes you will need and put them into the appropriate cels on the right.

Then load in your .wav file and slowly go through it, when you hear a 'ooo' sound click the 'ooo' cel

Hit play and you character will deform to the 'ooo' cel at the right time.

Lipservice makes it super easy to sync up sound. I did a project with it that required about a minute of dialogue, I had it roughed out in about 2 hours.

http://www.3dluvr.com/blackbourn/wip/goosegrub.avi

http://www.3dluvr.com/blackbourn/wip/goosefinal.avi

Some of my lipservice work. Both are DIVX i think

Mike

PS: id email joe about being let onto the LS list. hipjoey@hotmail.com

CIM
02-04-2002, 10:07 PM
What about if I want to have the object (some head model) open his/her mouth, close his/her eyes. The tools in LipService only seem like magnet tools capable of mushing stuff around. Maybe I just have to get used to the tools. Do I just do that morphing in LW and load in another instance of the original head in different state or what?

Anyone else have the time slider problem? I'm running XP, could that be it? Maybe I just need a better video card. I have a 32MB TNT 2 M64 card right now. It supports project:messiah just fine, so I don't see why LipService wouldn't.

Nice job on your animations, BTW.

Mike RB
02-04-2002, 10:12 PM
take a look at how the surfaces on zeke are setup. Use surfaces as selections sets in LS. Works pretty well.

For a jaw rotation i useually make one version of my object with the normal jaw position, load it into LS and put poses. Then I overwrite one of the poses with my jaw open pose.

When you reload LS you get 49 blank poses and one with a jaw open.

Mike

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 01:39 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.