PDA

View Full Version : orcs and goblins

celmar
09-10-2004, 12:26 PM
hello!.. sorry for those who have seen some of trhat pictures in the "opening thread of zforum"; but as that wip evolves, since it's beginning yesterday, and maybe is interesting as a picture in progression for beginers, I get back the first step in thgat thread, and continue with the actual steps!...

celmar
09-10-2004, 12:27 PM
hands and so on...

celmar
09-10-2004, 12:29 PM
next completion of the main character

celmar
09-10-2004, 12:30 PM
well... I've added a sort of "dog", and begions the test renders...

celmar
09-10-2004, 12:33 PM
for the composition, I need something on the left of the picture... so I midel a sort of "bag" (don't know the name...) ; one of the main interest of zbrush is that it allows to keep the same style in all the parts of the picture, event if, like here , the first modelisation of that object has been made in rhino; then, once impiorted, the push pull action of z give it an homogeneity with the characters... also, a color render test...

celmar
09-10-2004, 12:37 PM
but now, it's on the right that there is a "hole"... going on the coimposition like that is one of the fine things of zbrsuh, as yoou can add, like here a buddy for my orc, a chatacter in one hour or less... in other words, it's possible to follow his imagination, without wasting time... as you can see, I 'm after a "cartoon" style, not by texturing, they are textured in realism, but in modelling... I usually don't do monsters, but it's fun to play with the old "tolkien" concepts!...

dcmoutinho
09-10-2004, 01:13 PM
nice modeling

celmar
09-10-2004, 05:27 PM
well, I go on... waiting for the render of the little new guy, I've textured the weapon that th main character is going to hold... modelling is usually one of the srtong point of zbrush, but in my opinion, the great "break through" is on texturing... once used projection master, and the so fast application of color, other way like uvmaps seems so boring... I join a detail of the "things" around the wood part... I know, it would be possible to edit uv maps of all that tiny things, and to create textures... but it would be so long... but it's really that which make the difference, and zbrush do it in 10 minutes...

Frenchy Pilou
09-10-2004, 05:53 PM
Your letters box at CGtalk is full ?
Le facteur :rolleyes:

richcz3
09-10-2004, 06:26 PM
celmar

Very nice.

Is that 2.5D?
Not modeled with ZSpheres correct?

richcz3

celmar
09-10-2004, 06:33 PM
thank you, richzz... but yes, of course, it's zspheres for the body, and, as usual, 3d sphere for the heads... everything is 3d tools, until texturing and "bumping 2,5" process...

celmar
09-10-2004, 06:52 PM
test render of the second character... more time to render in G.ill (2 hours) than to do it... the legs are very broad, because they are going to be hidden by the main character... I've tried to sculpt a very different expression from the first one, to counter balance... more than technic, the feeling is of course the main question...

Frenchy Pilou
09-10-2004, 10:46 PM
Why there no capital "L" to the signature at "laverdet" on the image? :rolleyes:

celmar
09-11-2004, 02:13 PM
I have'nt so many times, now, to finish, but on the last render I'm rather near of the picture I'm after... obviously it needs a lot of post work to be "clean", and I haven't decided what the guy on the right is going to hold, but more or less, that picture is on his way... I suppose that once finished, I'll posted it in the main forum, where there is more space...

stormik
09-13-2004, 06:18 AM
Very impressive modeling skills..

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 05:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.