PDA

View Full Version : script folder

authentic
09-10-2004, 10:22 AM
I got a problem with 2 scripts i've made. If i put them in the script editor and then run they works. If I make a button, it depends of the folder where they are on the hard drive. WHat is surprising is htat they work if i put them on a folder where i got all my scripts and which is not on a particular project. But if i put them on the script folder of the project they don't want to work. It's a real problem cause they are need to be share on production time. SO it's preferable not to have to copy them on each computer.

Does someone had such diffculty ???

Atyss
09-10-2004, 10:45 AM
There is nothing wrong here, this is how scripts works. Scripts,when used in registered commands, have to be in the user, factory or workgroup folder.

Cheers
Bernard

_anton_
09-10-2004, 03:03 PM
Salut vincent,

Maybe you can create a sub directory in the workgroup folder, and put your script inside.
If you want to make button with it, right click on it and in the property (don't have xsi in front of me but it's about this) you can change the path of the script to the workgroup.

The great thing about that is if ya change the code inside script, the update is automatic, because the script is red each time you click on the button.

But maybe you can see that in deeper way with the girl who create script in your studio, she's aware of that.

cheers Anthony.

foxco
09-11-2004, 04:23 PM
man when i was at work i had this problem as well, ITS SOO FREEKING ANNOYING, I feel the pain

fox

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 06:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.