PDA

View Full Version : Weld problems

AmbiDextrose
09-10-2004, 05:27 AM
Hey, guys, I need your help once more. The image below depicts what I an attempting to do: I want to weld the shared edges between the two objects (circled line of edges). Here are the options I've tried and the results I got:

1. Weld points - the points snapped together but failed to join the two objects together.

2. Weld edges - if I go with the default setting (input edges), no edges are welded, even if I maximize the weld distance. If I select 'other edges' or 'all edges', the geometry gets messed up but when I decrease the weld distance to a value that doesn't mess up the geometry, the edges do not weld together.

3. Select both objects and do Create->Poly_Mesh->Merge - nothing happens. No new geometry is created. Using the 'bridge' option does not work as well.

I have cleaned up the geometry and have made sure that all (polygon) normals have been unified (facing outwards). Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

http://home.comcast.net/%7Etebanski/_images/Gundam/Sentinel/WeldProb01.JPG

AmbiDextrose
09-10-2004, 05:38 AM
Could a MOD be so kind as to delete this thread? Thanx.

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 06:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.