PDA

View Full Version : map extraction bug

Flo
09-09-2004, 11:45 PM
Hi Folks,

I ran into this really annoying zbrush bug, so I wanted to share my experience.
In zbrush , there is this really cool way of calculating the maps called `adaptive` mode.
If you want to capture details correctly that are created by using pinch, inflate, nudge etc brush
and if you want to get most of the detail, you want to use adaptive mode to extract
the maps. This takes longer to extract but the result is much better.

now here is the bug :

right now zbrush does`t take the dSubPix value into account when extracting in adaptive mode.
So the highRes mesh won`t get subdived any further at extraction time .... this means your map will be created for your highest subdivision level in zbrush (and due to the 10 mio. poly limit you`ll
probably see poly face artifacts in your maps)

this is really annoying, as the actual poly count withing zbrush is not enough to get maps for eg. a full creature. dSubPix works in the normal, old extraction mode but not in the recommended adaptive mode.

I hope we get an update patch from Pixologic soon, as I can`t use most of the maps right now.

-Flo

PascalR
09-10-2004, 12:16 AM
Hi Flo,

I had the same problem with one of my models, and I can't finish it because of that bug :(
As soon as you get close to the mesh, you can see those strange artifacts.
Hope there will be an update soon!!

Cheers,

Pascal

aurick
09-10-2004, 12:33 AM
Feature requests and bug reports should be posted in the Questions and Troubleshooting forum at ZBrushCentral (http://www.zbrushcentral.com).

Thank you for your cooperation. :)