PDA

View Full Version : Jiggly skin an muscles

Adam Klein
02-04-2002, 12:43 PM
well, I just saw the Jurassic park 3 dvd and at the end there was a good amount of 'making of' video.

Anywho, the of all the stuff I saw, the thing that intrigued me the most is when they showed the the way they created the skin jiggle that makes those dinasaurs look so damn real. I also just saw a Max plug that allows for real muscle deformaton (not just muscle bones)

What I'm wondering is if this is any sort of possibility with lightwave, beside muscle bones with project:messiah, ah, or motion designer either, I'm looking for any info about plugs or whatever that do this etc. not really a work around but something that makes this process possible....

anybody know??

AK

Mike RB
02-05-2002, 08:31 PM
Theres nothing out there for LW that makes this process 'automatic'. But then again if the 'workaround' is simple enough, who cares, it achieves the same result.

One way is to make bones deform the jiggly areas move with follower set to lag. That gets a resonable effect and is semi automatic.

Mike

Adam Klein
02-06-2002, 12:11 AM
Hey not bad, I guess that would work enough for around the belly, back of thigh, or the neck.

Yeah, I figured LW didn't have it, but ya know, it never hurst to ask ;)
I wish it could be done as a step after animation, rather than during setup... oh,well.
I guess that' what in-house plugs'll get ya.

thanks

AK

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 01:39 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.