PDA

View Full Version : ZBrush 2 demo anytime soon?

dr_bob
09-09-2004, 03:31 PM
Hi,

Does anyone know when a v2 demo will be available? I gather the interface has changed since 1.5, and I didn't want to get comfy in an old version then have to re-learn it.

Cheers!

JDex
09-10-2004, 03:31 AM
Aye... I've been dying to try it. Perhaps now that the Mac Version is due, letting people try before they buy will finally come to pass.

plasmax
03-11-2005, 08:33 PM
I, too, have been very anxious to test it. I can't wait until a demo is announced.

billrobertson42
03-12-2005, 03:31 PM
I was in the same boat you were in. I waited, and I regret that I did.

I finally broke down and D/L'ed the demo, and I was blown away. I bought the full version soon after. There are a few things that are different in the interface, but they seem like incremental improvements to me, so they are very easy to get used to.

Zarf
03-12-2005, 04:48 PM
I was in the same boat you were in. I waited, and I regret that I did.

I finally broke down and D/L'ed the demo, and I was blown away. I bought the full version soon after. There are a few things that are different in the interface, but they seem like incremental improvements to me, so they are very easy to get used to.

The differences between 1.55b and Z2 are night and day. In fact its such a huge leap that the 1.55b demo really dosnt give people an idea of what to expect out of the marvel that is Z2. It would be nice if they would release an up to date demo, but pixologic tends to do things in their own time.

For what its worth, Z2 is among the top two smartest software purchases I have made *ever*.

Cheers,
Zarf

ThePumpkinKing
03-12-2005, 09:54 PM
What's the other smartest?

Poisen
03-15-2005, 02:41 AM
yeah! what was the other?

while z2 is a major overhaul on a few things, from 1.55 to z2 was a painless transition.
everything you learn and "where" it is still will pretty much apply.

i left mine at the default advanced UI, no need to mess with a good thing.

CGTalk Moderation
03-15-2005, 02:41 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.