PDA

View Full Version : PA Challenge - Character/Scene - Krugar

Jhonus
02-04-2002, 11:46 AM
hi
basic concept (http://dickmygoose.com/images/hopper/playinground1.jpg)

Jhonus
02-04-2002, 11:49 AM
Gosh, thats maginificent krugar.

Krugar.

Jhonus
02-04-2002, 11:49 AM
Thanks Krugar... but commenting on your own posts is a sure sign of insanity.

Bye'

underdog
02-04-2002, 11:51 AM
=/

ethan roots
02-04-2002, 01:08 PM
hehe :]

Equinoxx
02-04-2002, 01:54 PM
that's lookin good. but the edge's of his head/skin look way too blurred imho.

I love his eye-thingy tho :D

Jhonus
02-04-2002, 03:08 PM
Thanks Equinoxx (with two x's)... indeed it is a bit blurry, i'm a bit lazy.

Just working on the 3D version... i haven't designed a body yet. But comments on the head so far would be welcome.

http://dickmygoose.com/images/hopper/Trader01.jpg

Jhonus
02-06-2002, 06:53 PM
a post apocalyptic tree and a *bump*. nothing much to crit, just something i'm workign on :)

http://dickmygoose.com/images/hopper/Tree01.jpg

The Idiot King
02-07-2002, 06:41 AM
Looks great! Makes me think of pulp-fiction Nazis.. :cool:

CerberusC
02-07-2002, 06:46 AM
it looks great men, i want to see the landscape :)

Jhonus
02-07-2002, 06:46 AM
I'm glad it sparks some sort of thought... i was beginning to wonder with the lack of replies :D

Cheers

LiFE
02-08-2002, 01:00 PM
maybe its cause your a kiwi :)

hehe, a fello kiwi i should say, wats up man,
i didnt know there was another one on here .....

head lookz good dude,
the eye is a bit, scary looking, hmm, prob just me tho.

peace (bump)

Jhonus
02-08-2002, 01:25 PM
I think i've seen one other kiwi on here. Have you got any work of yours I can look at?

The model isn't too detailed at the moment.

Any suggestions for the eye?

sherban
02-08-2002, 01:37 PM
looks to me like you should have a milky-cataract thing going for the eye.

ps. downloaded your mov (sock zero).
You are sick :p

LiFE
02-08-2002, 01:45 PM
http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1963

thanks my wip for this month.
pretty much my first work ..... :) other than fuking around and learning the tools.

its coming along pretty good tho, well i reckon.

no suggestions for the eye, it just looked scary to me, dont have to change it, hehe.

Have you got a 3d design job in NZ ? or plan to have... ?

Jhonus
02-08-2002, 03:56 PM
Sherban: Glad you downloaded it, I'm not that sick am I? :) You deciphered the name aswell!
Hopefully my next attempt is more story driven.

Milky cataracts are all go.

Life: I just finished a course at the Media Design School (in Auckland) learning Maya... so yeah i'm looking for a job at the moment. I might be doing a 3D music video for a local electronic outfit. After that I may be able to get a job on a film.... (but thats top-secret).

So hopefully all this work comes off. Otherwise I'll start busking on Queen Street.

LiFE
02-08-2002, 04:07 PM
oh yeh, i downloaded your movie too, hahahaha
shit thats funny..... well disturbing but.. yeh.

is media design school any good ? cause i was gonna do it but have changed my mind and im going to massy in wellington and doing their visual communication design course... i thought it might be more involved.

duno tho, fuks me off not knowing where to go.

anyways, good luck with the ..... busking.. i mean film. :)
hehe

Jhonus
02-11-2002, 12:40 PM
heres another update... made some skinny legs and underwear.
I'm having trouble making the underwear with nice wrinkles.

the desert scene is temporary.

umm... he has no body yet. patience pklease.

http://the3d.ws/artists/krugar/Trader04.jpg

hmmm, notice the strange crop circles? I didnt put them there!

sherban
02-12-2002, 06:29 AM
so it's true what they say?
that nobody really knows how they got there.

well, I guess now you have proof.

Jhonus
02-12-2002, 09:36 AM
right about now I need some serious crits!

No holding back, come forth all anatomists and proportionists, all stylists and everyone with an opinion (I'm being starved of them).

Grant me gracious and ungracious commentations please, tis needed at this hour!

http://dickmygoose.com/images/hopper/body_crit.jpg

Oh yes, any explanations on how crop circles are appearing in my renders would also be appreciated :D

seig
02-12-2002, 09:48 AM
Hi Krugar, just wanted to tell you I'm really diggin this head of yours. It's a little androgynous you know, could be man, but I look at it sometimes and it seems like an old woman too...don't know if that's good or bad from your perspective. I'd consider it a good thing.:)

New Zealand eh?... lived out of a rental car for a week on the north island in the mid 80's... hope to return someday. Auckland is my kinda town....

Hey just noticed you got updates!!! YESSSSSSSSS!!!!!
Ah man, that is wonder-full !!!

Edit* Sorry didn't see your comment about wanting a hard crit, was diggin the image, sorry didn't read everything.

Keep him round mate, especially in the ribcage, he seems a little flat front to back there. Legs look great Krugar, very well done.
I like the assymetry of the pecs, and the lack of developement there, but something seems off. Maybe a little lower, drop those pecs down a bit. Lookin great man!

Edit Again*(sorry)
yeah it's the ribcage, those lower ribs are falling too low, raise 'em up a bit at the bottom. Check the scapula too, it's shaped like a bow (as in bow 'n arrow), when you look down on it. the ends of the bow hit the top of the shoulders. Maybe lower it in the center, down a bit, it seems too far up on his neck.
What are you using for references, photos? This is really great, keep on it!!!

Jhonus
02-12-2002, 10:19 AM
Ah, thank you Master Seig. I think the androgynous thing is a good thing... i'm trying to stay away from the ever popular muscular masculine characters which seem to dominate.

i think the assymetry of the pecs is caused by the lighting. I'm not sure about their position though, i think it might be a distortion caused by their width and flatness??? Maybe if i dropped the deltoids they would look better?

Thanks for your comments. very much appreciated indeed. I'll definately round out that ribcage.

Yes, I'm living in Auckland at the moment, its been precipitating steadily for the last couple days... i quite like it though. nothing worse than doing 3D inside on a sunny day.

I'm taking suggestions on the weapon he uses right now. :)
I'm thinking a dirty old medium sized machette, or to be more comical a big flamethrower to contrast his skinny stature.

blc318
02-12-2002, 10:22 AM
I really like the legs on this character. I think he could use a little more mass in the upper back/ shoulder area. Plus what everyone else has said. Good work. Keep it up

seig
02-12-2002, 10:31 AM
He-Hee, master seig, gimme a friggin break...
your bloke is really on my mind Krugar-dude, I think you should just study more references for that ribcage, draw it, get to know it. The weapon, yeah the weapon, decisions decisions...whatcha gonna do watcha gonna do? I'm sure you'll find the solution...let it be yours.

Auckland, you lucky dog! :D Chicago is bleeeek now during the winter anyway. Yack-atcha layta.

blc318
02-12-2002, 10:36 AM
Make one arm mechanical and have him carry a huge over-sized hammer with it.

sherban
02-12-2002, 11:11 AM
he krugar,

only crits this time but just cause you asked - I think he's fine myself.

the ribcage - like already mentioned by seig - it's way too low down the sides. this is probably what makes him look blocky.
Also if his ribs are showing like that on the front they'd show on the back as well.
The spine would also show, and the shoulderblades would be sticking out like two fins.

butt/pelvis - from the back he seems to have some fleshy bums portruding from his diaper (or whatever). Skinny people don't have a butt.

chest - great! they can sag even more.

posture - he seems to stand rather tall for such a starved guy. make him hunched or make his shoulders sag. actually reduce his whole shoulder span.

once again, you don't really have to fix all these things - but you asked.

oozeballz
02-12-2002, 11:34 AM
i noticed the samething about the ribs.. .and one other thing... the legs are way too far apart.. even on a skinny guy the should not be soo far from each other.. not exactly sure what you should do but try just moving them closer together it might work.

Jhonus
02-12-2002, 02:41 PM
cheers for the crits everyone. most helpful indeed.

you';ve given me a fair bit to work on... hopefully i can get it all applied and also rough out some arms by the end of the night.

seig:
I thought Master was a term of respect :)
I started building poly by poly at the eye and worked to each landmark on the body, i just check with my anatomy book whenever i'm not sure about something. I've also been vaguely follwing the 7 and half heads rule just to guide me as i build the polys. I did a sketch for the head and for the leg but they were almost thrown out.

I'm getting sidetracked... no photos involved, no real references.

to work i go. thanks!

Facial Deluxe
02-12-2002, 02:51 PM
Krugar, that is excellent ! Love your model, although I agree for the rib cage with Master Sleig.;)
The overal anatomy feeling is just great!!

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 01:39 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.