PDA

View Full Version : Messin Around with the Z (fatheads)

DarkMantid
09-08-2004, 10:14 PM
Hi guys,
Just some roughs created and rendered in Zbrush.
I haven't been inspired to do any more on these guys.
But I like em :)

created in around 3 hours !
man zbrush rocks :)

aragorn
09-09-2004, 12:37 AM
Hi guys,
Just some roughs created and rendered in Zbrush.
I haven't been inspired to do any more on these guys.
But I like em :)

created in around 3 hours !
man zbrush rocks :) 3hrs... i h8 myself :scream:
i'm demo'ing ZB atm and i do not understand what from what... i hope there is sticky here soon for some comprehensive ZB tutsor general info.
i need to know the learning curve b4 i can decide to invest. ... i'm not so optimistic... and also rendering displacements in maya is too painfull

DarkMantid
09-09-2004, 07:41 AM
The learning curve is slightly painful, but the benefits are worth it.

I mainly worked through the Practical Manual doing bits and peices of the turorials i found interesting.

I also hung around zbrush central downloading video tuts and askin questions

Practical Manual
http://www.pixolator.com/zbc-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=1&t=014968

Zbrush central
http://206.145.80.239/zbc/index.php

freka01
09-09-2004, 07:44 AM
I tried making a displacementmap in zbrush for use with maya but never got it to work. Probably something wrong with my workflow or settings in zbrush for that particular mesh.
Im don't know very much about using displacementmaps in Maya, but why is it a pain?

Also, to learn Zbrush, use the help>zcripts (tutorials) or read the 500 page pdf handbook/tutorial.

Frenchy Pilou
09-09-2004, 08:46 PM
Isn't it ?
Cool sculpting! :thumbsup:

Kanga
09-14-2004, 12:53 AM
DarkMantid (member.php?u=2192)

I love the beard and hair stubble effect, what settings did you use?
Great stuff!

I tried making a displacementmap in zbrush for use with maya but never got it to work. Probably something wrong with my workflow or settings in zbrush for that particular mesh.
Im don't know very much about using displacementmaps in Maya, but why is it a pain?

Also, to learn Zbrush, use the help>zcripts (tutorials) or read the 500 page pdf handbook/tutorial. As I remember the 'practical guide' (downloadable at ZB central) deals with just this question.

Open the PDF and in contents go to: ZB and other software/ ZB & the Maya Renderer or ZB and Mental Ray.

Takes a little while to get the work flow but you wont bite yourself for doing it!

skipstah70
09-16-2004, 09:10 PM
Darkman ..nice stuff ...cool sculpt!!! Oh yeah Zrocks baby...

Skipstah

DarkMantid
09-16-2004, 10:56 PM
Thanks all for your comments !

Kanga :

I used the noise settings under the brush settings , withthe "cavity shader" settings tweaked in the material settings .

It basically shades cavities in your model darker and generally makes your models look kool :)

see image for settings

skipstah70
09-16-2004, 11:06 PM
Dark Mantid.. that technique of creating grit is way cool .. I love the look of the cavity shader . What if I'm using an external render however.. Is there a way to "bake" that look in to the texture map in Z and export it?? i.e. to Maya or something?

Skipstah

Kanga
09-16-2004, 11:29 PM
DarkMantid
Thanx man! Its a wonderful effect. I noticed you smeared it out which looks terrific too.

Greetings Kanga

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 04:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.