PDA

View Full Version : Blending in Photoshop

cayne
09-08-2004, 10:29 PM
Is there a way to blend colors in Photoshop similar to the way that they are blended in Painter? I know that there is color dynamics in PS 7, but I haven't had any luck getting that to do what I'm after-- which is to blend my foreground color with the color in the working space. Thanks for any help you have to offer.

John

berniebernie
09-09-2004, 07:21 PM
i don't think photoshop has a way to 'mix' colors together ie painting yellow over blue won't create green (except in some blending modes) but you can't paint as you physically do (ie smudging a blue portion in a yellow one won't give green in PS)

maddness
09-09-2004, 08:51 PM
I would suggest different blending modes too, try overlay and some of the others, just test out with two layers with different colors and then make the top layer a different blending mode other than "normal." once you get the general look you want, i would suggest a "layer mask" between the two for more control.

Y.Y
09-11-2004, 09:52 AM
umm....

i think you cn use the smudge tool, i think it can do a nice effect.:)

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 05:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.