PDA

View Full Version : shape animation problem in v4

hamz
09-08-2004, 04:45 PM
Hi Guys.

My problem is that ive created a shape clip for the bulging of a bicep and put in into the mixer. The mesh is enveloped to a bone chain. The shape key was created in the secondary shape animation construction node to preserve the envelope. When i slide the weight slider belonging to the clip in the mixer it works perfectly.

The problem is when i try and link the value of the slider to the rotation of the bone.
XSI wont allow me to move the slider - it just pops back to zero.

Very frustrating as it has worked for me in v3.5 so i know my method is correct.

Maybe its to do with the construction nodes i dont know.
This is the exact method bearing in mind that its just a test before i apply this method to my real character so im using a simple cylinder to represent the body.

created the cylinder - in modeling mode.

Created the bones and enveloped to the cylinder - animation mode.

Created the shape keys and placed them in the mixer - secondary shape mode

Everythings working fine up to here.

Tried to link the clip to the rotation of the bone - in both secondary and animation mode - the slider just pops back to zero.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Hamz.

Jesse-Irvin
09-08-2004, 07:44 PM
I've had the same problem, word is that it's a bug... one of many in 4 that are being or have been fixed. Apparently a whole cunk of the core code was rewritten and a lot of things broke.

Uhh there was a wrokaround posted by rayfusion on another forum... i'll paste it here... i haven't tried it though... i just wanna wait till they fix it...

heres what rayfusion suggested... should work:

"about the mixer , i ran into some problems with it in v4, when linking a shape to an implicit , it would lock out the slider and would not let me set anymore "relative values" what i did is just moved my implicit and set it another rel.val at zero , then right click on the dibit and go to animation mixer and change one of the keys to 1/0 , change to linear interpolation and your done....im sure that was the same prob. you had..since i heard of several ppl running into this"

hamz
09-08-2004, 07:58 PM
Hey bro

Cheers for the help - much apreciated.

All the best.

Hamz.

hamz
09-08-2004, 08:00 PM
ps - WIP is looking good.

Keep going.

Hamz

Jesse-Irvin
09-08-2004, 08:55 PM
No worries...

thanks for checking out the WIP too... but I must admit I'm a little embarassed, said I would be updating regularily but I haven't really touched it since.

anyway, hope that workaround is working for ya. best of luck!

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 04:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.