PDA

View Full Version : what/where is softimage|rtk ???

saajjj
08-08-2002, 09:23 AM
hello,
The xsi feature lists states that crowd simulations can be done with xsi v2. In the experience cd that softimage handed out there is a little piece on crowd simulation and the narration states that 'this scene is brought over from softimage|rtk' i went to the softimage site but found nothing about rtk. so what is it and is it shipped with xsi v2? and if so.. where is it? :) and if not.. then why is softimage claiming that crowd simulation can be done from within xsi? (the only thing that they did in the 'piece' was substitute low res characters with others.)

explainations please

thanks

montdom
08-08-2002, 03:12 PM
I had the same thought after watching that tutorial video.

mr-doOo
08-08-2002, 03:42 PM
i think you must have a special contract, and work with the special
projects section of softimage to have access to the rtk and the crowd simulation stuff.it seems the rtk was in beta version and will be release/sell with xsi 3.0
if someone have more infos...

saajjj
08-08-2002, 08:26 PM
hmm.. interesting.. well i hope that rtk is part of xsi 3. Although i do think it's a bit misleading on Softimage's part to include 'crowd simulation' in the feature list.

the review of xsi 3 by Ed Harriss on cgchannel.com is neat :)

anyone else have anything to say about softimage|rtk?

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 02:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.