PDA

View Full Version : Q: drawing technique with wacom

GlasS-
09-08-2004, 03:11 PM
Hi, i didnt really know where to post this so i posted it here :S
When im drawing in Photoshop with my wacom i get really messy lines.. i find it really difficult to get nice, clean, straight lines which i usually get when im drawing classic style with pen/paper setup.. Do you usually do a fast sketch and then clean it up using pen-tool with lines or some other method? Im not sure if its my hand-technique or if its something else..
I am using a Wacom Graphire 3 btw
Thanks

dgpilot
09-08-2004, 07:26 PM
Well, that entirely depends on each persons style. Some people can naturally draw clean lines, while others have to retouch several times. If you're using Photoshop, dont forget you can draw straight lines in any direction by clicking once where the line starts, press and hold shift and click where the line ends.

Horik
09-09-2004, 07:54 PM
I am horrible when drawing with the wacom. I find it much easier to to draw by hand and outline it with a fine point black pen then scan it to PS. I use my wacom mostly for painting and manipulation techniques.

TheNeverman
09-10-2004, 07:40 PM
I think part of it may because the tablet dosen't provide the tactileness of drawing on paper. Just a suggestion - but maybe try taping a piece of paper over your tablet?

n8

Gene_C
09-10-2004, 08:38 PM
ya know what I like to do for something like this.. just put a peice of paper over your tablet, and there is the feeling of drawing on paper that we are used to.

Gene_C
09-10-2004, 08:40 PM
well I didn't even read the post infront of me, I feel like an ass.

dg
09-11-2004, 04:23 AM
When you need really clean lines I advise you to use bezier (paths) for that insted of drawing them with a brush using the tablet specially if your tablet is small.

And sometimes it might be easier to draw them on paper and simply scan them.

Also you could try to get a look at Painter from Corel, I think that it behaves much better then Photoshop when you talk about painting, another good option was Creature House Expression 3 which was a vector painting program that use to rock, but now Microsoft have aquired them.

www.creaturehouse.com (http://www.creaturehouse.com)
www.corel.com (http://www.corel.com)

Cheers,

bumskee
09-15-2004, 07:37 AM
my wacom tab is so full of dust it's like paper.. :)

As long as you got plenty of the tip place some paper underneath, that seems to do the trick..

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 05:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.